Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Colour Creations: Early Espresso

 Hi!


Hooray, it's time for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's Early Espresso week, which is such a tricky week! Early Espresso is a lovely, rich brown in the colour range, but it's sooooo hard to make a card using it as the hero colour.


Brian King once again provided a fabulous colour combination to springboard my creativity. I'm a sucker for anything Mint Macaron, and it works so well with Early Espresso. It made me think of Mint Chocolate. I toyed a while with trying to make an ice-cream card, but in the end went for cookies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Nothing's Better Than, Biggest Wish, Love You More Than Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

My background is just a piece of watercolour paper, with the stripes created with Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand ink. I did one colour at a time, and let the paper dry completely between colours. Once it was dry for the second time, I stamped the crosses from Biggest Wish over the top in Early Espresso ink.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Nothing's Better Than, Biggest Wish, Love You More Than Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

The cookies, from Nothing's Better Than, were stamped in Early Espresso and Sahara Sand ink. I was worried that the Sahara would be the wrong colour, but I was pleasantly surprised to be incorrect.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Nothing's Better Than, Biggest Wish, Love You More Than Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

I used more of the same elements on the inside of my card. The side panels were offcuts from the front panel on my card.

That's all from me for tonight, but please do continue your way around our Blog Hop. I'm sure that you'll find some new and exciting ways to incorporate Early Espresso into your crafting. The next stop is my lovely friend, Kate Morgan.


If you run into any problems, please jump on over to Catherine Proctor's blog. She does an excellent job of keeping us all organised each week. You'll find a list of all participants there to help you get back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Great, creative, card Tina! Such a fun colour combo, that works perfectly for your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On now I'm craving a Mint Slice, Tina! Your card is so yummy and that colour scheme so divine. Just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I love your cookie card - a perfect choice to hero Early Espresso. Your colour combination using Mint Macaron is delightful and the watercolour striped panel is brilliant for the background. Gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies are a perfect choice for Early Espresso Tina. I especially love this colour combo and the background you have created with those colours is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love choc-mint anything! Gorgeous card Tina - I am yet to stamp with the cookie image - must get onto that!
    Kathryn R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, mint and chocolate is a match made in heaven. I love how you placed the cookies on the front of the card, and then on the inside, (must be a house of kids) all 3 have bites out of them!!! Love your stripy watercolour background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous background, and I love the mix of colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.