Pages

Sunday 28 August 2022

CTC 384: Sale-A-Bration Catalogue

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. I hope that you've had a great week. Mine's been busy, culminating with the concert band I play in competing in the State Band Championships today. We've been practising hard, so hopefully we do well.


This week we are CASEing from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue for one final time before the catalogue retires. I hope that you've earned all the goodies that you wanted from it!


I decided to CASE this Tree Lot Dies card from page 13. I love a good sponged background, and the caravan dies have been so much fun to play with. They will definitely find a home in my stash after SAB ends!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trees For Sale, Tree Lot Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Silver & Gold SAB DSP, Christmas Card

I decided to switch things up by using another SAB item on my card - the Silver & Gold DSP. I chose the Gold dotty paper to sponge over, hoping that it looked like a starry sky by the time I was finished. I started with Balmy Blue ink, then added some Starry Sky ink, followed by Night Of Navy around the edges. I was so pleased with how it turned out. The trees in the catalogue sample were stamped, but I used die cuts so that I didn't end up with spotty trees!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trees For Sale, Tree Lot Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Silver & Gold SAB DSP, Christmas Card

My snowy ground was made using White Glimmer paper - which is very hard to photograph! I used the Red Glimmer paper from the same pack for the bows on the wreath and the top of the light poles. Speaking of the lights, each one has a dot of Shimmery Crystal Effects over the top to make them look more like light globes.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trees For Sale, Tree Lot Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Silver & Gold SAB DSP, Christmas Card

I had some off-cuts from the lights and poles, so they were put to good use on the inside of my card. Waste not, want not!

we'd love you to join in for one final hurrah for the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue. Which reward was your favourite? You could CASE a card using it and add it to our Facebook group. We'd love to see what you make.


In the meantime, though, please do continue your way around our blog hop. There's lots more Sale-A-Bration inspiration for you to see, starting with my lovely friend, Kathryn Mangelsdorf. She's got a super-adorable card that you won't want to miss!


Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I was so tempted to CASE this card Tina! I love your use of the sparkly paper for snow and adding the off-cuts inside the card really finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.