Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2022

Colour Creations: Crushed Curry

 Hi!


Thanks for stopping by for our new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Crushed Curry's turn to be the feature colour. Do you like Cushed Curry? I think it's one of those polarising colours. I'm not a huge fan, and I really struggled with my card.


As ever, Brian King was the source of a fantastic colour combination featuring Crushed Curry. I had in mind to do a masculine card, but nothing I tried really worked. In the end, I tried something completely different.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Artistically Inked, Artistic Dies, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Subtles DSP

At a recent stamping day with friends, I took the opportunity to crop a few of these flowers from the Artistic Dies in white. I thought about colouring the die cut, but it seemed to be a fiddly job, so I kept thinking! The coordinating stamp set is designed to layer with the die cuts, so how could I get a similar look without the stamps? Different dies! I used the hexagons from Beautiful Shapes Dies to go underneath the flower.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Artistically Inked, Artistic Dies, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Subtles DSP

I really like how it turned out! I used my retired Hexagon punch to crop the sentiment. It's slightly smaller than one of the hexagon dies, so it layers beautifully.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Artistically Inked, Artistic Dies, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Subtles DSP

I completed the inside with a partial die cut using a similar technique as the front of the card.

Thanks again for joining me for the hop tonight, but please do continue your way around all the blogs to see how lovely Crushed Curry can be. The next stop is my wonderfully artistic friend, Kathryn Ruddick.

If you run into any problems with links, please jump on over to Cathy Proctor's blog. She does a fabulous job of keeping us all organised, and will have a list of all of tonight's participants on her blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous Tina. Love the mix and match, colours look great and the inside is super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, this is such a clever work around – the hexagons work really well and I love the way your card turned out. It has a charming country feel to it with that delightful colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The die-cut hexagons were an inspired choice, to back the gorgeous floral die-cut, Tina. I love the look! The gingham paper is a lovely inclusion, too. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Tina and I love the use of the hexagon die cuts! Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful card Tina. I love the hexagons underneath the detailed die cut and the double hexagon label with twine. Every detail is perfect. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though you had planned to create a masculine card I really love the one you have created instead. That gingham paper is a perfect choice for the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Tina, this is a fantastic design. Those hexagons look fabulous and how good do these blues look with Crushed Curry?!!! I love the inside too, with the hexagon cut out in the bottom corner with the feature die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly stunning card Tina!! I love the contrasting colours AND the contrasting patterns - from the abstract floral to the formal gingham - its perfect!
    Kathryn R xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. For someone not overly keen on CC you have showcased it beautifully. It works so well with the duet of blues and white and I love that you used hexagons with the gingham paper and not squares. The white floral diecut finishes your card off nicely Tina.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.