Pages

Monday 22 August 2022

HOC Week 8

 Hi!


Welcome back to another week of the Heart Of Christmas blog hops. Week 8 already! This week I have used the February 2020 Sheetload Of Cards template to make my cards. I wanted used some of my Wonderful Snowflakes, and I thought that they suited this layout. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Brightest Glow, Lights Aglow SDSP, Labels Aglow Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Christmas Card, Sheetload Of Cards

I started with a layer of Basic Black DSP from the Lights Aglow pack. I'm not a huge fan of the black sheets of the DSP, but in small measures it isn't so bad. I think it frames the brighter DSP nicely.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Brightest Glow, Lights Aglow SDSP, Labels Aglow Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Christmas Card, Sheetload Of Cards

I cut the DSP for the top layer on the front at full card size, and then cropped it for the front using my Stitched Rectangle Dies. The offcut piece was put to good use on the inside of the card. It really only needed a sentiment, from Brightest Glow, to finish it off.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Brightest Glow, Lights Aglow SDSP, Labels Aglow Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Christmas Card, Sheetload Of Cards

Here are my group of four cards - you can see that I've used both Cherry Cobbler and Evening Evergreen as the feature colours on my cards.

That's all from me, but please do keep hopping around all of the blogs tonight. There's lots more gorgeous Christmas inspiration to be found, starting with my lovely friend, Kathryn Ruddick.


As always, the wonderful Sharon Davern keeps us all organised, so if you run into any issues with links, pop on over to her blog. You'll find a list of all tonight's participants there and you can pick up the trail again.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. I, too, had been feeling a little unsure about that black paper, but I LOVE it as a mat for the Cherry Cobbler paper in particular. I'm a big fan of this sentiment, and sentiment label die. Beautiful, elegant, cards, Tina .... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowflakes certainly do look lovely on the smaller pattern papers, Tina. A lovely choice. I haven’t started using these papers yet, thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, Tina. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I really like this layout a lot! It would be so versatile with lots of different papers and accent image not just the snowflake. Love the paper you have used it is quite the sophisticated look. Great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing my comments on my phone and for some reason it had logged me out so I wanted to come back in and let you know it was me Sharon that is! LOL it has been a week! Must have been all the cars going around and around! I am going to steal this layout I think!

      Delete
  5. A gorgeous set of cards Tina. I love this layout and the DSP you have chosen. The snowflake is a brilliant addition. Simply gorgeous. Happy Birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, I hope you've had a wonderful birthday! I love the way you've used the offcut pieces on the inside of your cards. The wonderful snowflakes do indeed look wonderful on this DSP - your layout and choice of DSP for these cards is simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this week's sheetload of cards Tina. They are a great way to feature the lovely paper. Even though you say you're not a big fan of the black version of the paper you have used it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that black DSP layer has been used perfectly to frame your brighter colours. The snowflake works wonderfully well behind your sentiment panel. Another 4 great cards to add to your fast growing Christmas stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is funny that you should mention the black paper as it is the reason I have put off purchasing this DSP, however, I think you have used it perfectly Tina. Thanks for the inspiration. Another fabulous set of cards to add to your stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.