Pages

Friday 12 August 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 548

 Hi!

Just a quick post from me for today! I was saddened this week to hear of the passing of Olivia Newton-John, and so I wanted to make a card in her memory. When I saw the new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, I had an idea.


I thought that the feature strip along the right edge could be a beam of light, shining down on her. I'll let you decide if it's a stage light or a heavenly light.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Freshly Made Sketches, Electrifying, Stage Builder Stencil, Be Dazzling SP, Copic Markers, Pop Culture Card

I used my Kindred Stamps Stage Builder Stencil for the light and it's puddle. It's just inked in So Saffron ink using a Blending Brush. The stamp set is also a Kindred Stamps product, called Electrifying. I coloured her with my Copic Markers.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Freshly Made Sketches, Electrifying, Stage Builder Stencil, Be Dazzling SP, Copic Markers, Pop Culture Card

I needed a card worthy of her magnificence, and a Double Z Fold fit the bill. I backed the card with some Be Dazzling paper, which is so amazingly sparkly IRL.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Freshly Made Sketches, Electrifying, Stage Builder Stencil, Be Dazzling SP, Copic Markers, Pop Culture Card

Here's the card fully open so that you can see the full effect of the three panels. Isn't it a fun tribute?

EDIT: How exciting, my card was chosen as a Princess this week!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute! Love the way the stage light creates the simple vertical line. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card! What a great tribute to Olivia! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.