Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2022

Colour Creations: Daffodil Delight

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. For the second week in a row we are featuring a yellow - Daffodil Delight. I must say that I prefer Daffodil Delight over Crushed Curry - it's a brighter, happier yellow, and I find it much easier to use.


My choice of colour combination this week was guided by the realisation that I haven't used the new In Colours much at all. This lovely Brian King combo has two, so it fit the bill nicely!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Tree Lot Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

I started by using my Blending Brushes to ink up a strip of Whisper White cardstock. Daffodil Delight blends so well into Parakeet Party, but the blend to Starry Sky was not so smooth! Hehe, Tree Lot Dies to the rescue, and now you never would have known if I hadn't told you.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Tree Lot Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

The trees were created by lightly brushing some Parakeet Party ink over Whisper White cardstock and then cropping it with the top layer tree die. Thankfully, I remembered to add some Adhesive Sheet to the back first! The bottom layer is just plain Parakeet Party cardstock. My current favourite sentiments from Simply Fabulous, cropped with my Stylish Shapes dies, and the card front was complete.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Tree Lot Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

The inside was completed using offcuts from the inked panel on the front. I always make the panels a little wider than I want so that I have the option to use the excess on the inside. I had a few trees left over from the front of the card, so they were put to work, too.

That's all from me for tonight, but please do continue your way around our blog hop tonight. There's lots more Daffodil Delight to be seen. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri, with what I'm sure will be a gorgeous card.

As always, if you run into any problems with links, jump on over to the wonderful Catherine Proctor's blog. She has a list of all participants and you can pick up your trail there.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Beau card Tina, I love all of the white space on your card and I never would have suspected any issues with the blending between PP and Starry sky;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Rachel, I didn’t put my name in the previous comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of colour, Tina ... even if you did have a "blending challenge"! Daffodil Delight certainly blends beautifully, and seamlessly, with Parakeet Party - so pretty. I love how you coloured the trees. Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina I love how you've used this colour combo, blending so seamlessly to represent a landscape. This is such an awesome card and I would never have known your that any of your blending was not seamless if you have not told me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fabulous card Tina. I love the white space and your blending is so smooth. I’m glad you chose PP as one of your colours as I so wanted to use it this week and it’s a great choice. Love your caravan and placement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your card Tina. I love your blended panel against the white card. The colouring of the trees is delightful and I love the little caravan - even more knowing its usefulness in camouflaging some blending issues. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one would ever know that there was a blending issue as you have disguised it beautifully. Such a great card Tina that could be used for many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous layout and here I was thinking how fantastic your blending was. hehe, I'm so glad it's not just me finding ways to cover up such mishaps! This combination of colours and dies look great together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.