Pages

Sunday 21 August 2022

CTC 383: Artistic Expression Section

 Hi!


Welcome back to a new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge. This week we are asking you to CASE a card or project from the Artistic Expression Section of the Annual Catalogue.


As is my habit, I skip to the back of the section and work my way forward until I find a card that I like. I found this beauty on page 118.


I really liked the bright and cheerful colours, the simple white panel as the focal point, and the sweet twine bow. I kept all of these elements, but changed them up quite a bit!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Simply Fabulous, In Colour DSP

I started with a base of Parakeet Party DSP with a Sweet Sorbet DSP banner over the top. The banner was actually a small scrap, so I split it under the main panel. It looks like a full length banner, but the gap is hidden by the main panel. A very clever trick for using up scraps!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Simply Fabulous, In Colour DSP

I used my Simply Fabulous stamp set for the flowers and the sentiment. I hadn't yet included any Daffodil Delight from the original colour combo, so those little circle things on top of the flowers were stamped in the yellow ink. I have no idea what the circles are meant to be, but I think they look great on the flowers! The final colour, Shaded Spruce was used for the sentiment and the layer underneath, with a white twine bow to finish off the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Simply Fabulous, In Colour DSP

A little more stamping and my card was complete. I call it my People's Choice card - if you know of the credit union, you'd know that these are their colours! I didn't notice until I stamped and layered the sentiment onto the front of my card! I never really liked the colours at the credit union, but I love them on my card.

We'd love for you to make a card from the Artistic Expression section of the catalogue and enter it in our challenge. Which card will you choose to make? Just add a photo to our Facebook group when you've made it.


For now, though, please do continue your way around our Blog Hop. The next stop on the way is my wonderful friend, Rachel Palmieri. I can't wait to see what she's made, and you won't want to miss it, either.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. A colour combo I’d have never thought of, but it packs a punch. Love the flowers with the “yellow thing”, might need to study my stamp tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fresh colour combo you've used. Clever tip about the split banner to stretch your scraps. I also love the way you've made your greeting, it really pops with the banner and twine behind the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - the colours are brilliant together!! Why haven't I thought of this??? THANKYOU!! I love your card and the total amazingness of it!! All the elements are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.