Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Bron's Birthday Blog Hop - August

 Hi!

Thanks for joining me for the second to last Birthday Blog Hop for Bronwyn Eastley, as she celebrates her 60th birthday. If you've followed Bron for a while, you know that she's the Queen of Fancy Fold cards. She creates the most amazing cards! Fittingly, this month's theme is Fancy Folds!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Be Dazzling SP, Twist And Pop Card

My daughter, Ada, celebrated her 17th Birthday last month, and she'd always talked about the ABBA song, Dancing Queen. I decided to make her card in this theme. The front pink panel was a download that I purchased from Etsy and printed to card front size. I then purchased a disco themed SVG bundle, which included the mirror ball. I used my Scan'n'Cut to crop it to size. I used a circle die to cut an opening in the pink panel so that the Be Dazzling paper would show through. I think it makes a fabulous mirror ball!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Be Dazzling SP, Twist And Pop Card

The inside of the card is where the Fancy Fold shines through - some more images from the disco SVG pack were used to decorate the Twist And Pop Fancy Fold. The text at the top was another Etsy purchase.




Here's a video so that you can see how the card opens up. Hopefully it works! I'm pleased to say that Ada loved it, and it has pride of place on her desk.

scissorspapercard

I wanted to get my money's worth out of the Etsy purchase, so she also got a custom made top. She hasn't worn it yet, but it will likely get an airing in summer.

scissorspapercard

And last, but not least, was the cake topper!

That's me done for tonight, but please do continue your way around our Blog Hop. There's also an Instagram Hop - you'll find the details over on Bron's blog. Next up though is my Kiwi friend, Jan Clothier.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. Oh you had me at ABBA and then you really, really had me at glimmer paper! But seriously, Tina, this is such a fantastic, personalised card to Ava and I love how you went 3D with your gifting too, also creating the tshirt and the card topper. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tina, what an amazing card you created for Ada. So special and so perfect. Love this fancy fold too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! And happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fabulous! Such an amazing card for your daughter Tina. Love the extra birthday goodies too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fitting card for your daughter and how did you know Dancing Queen is my favourite song? LOVE your fancy fold. Thanks for joining in with the hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome fold to celebrate Adas birthday Tina! Love the theme and hope she had a wonderful day. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love to belt out Dancing Queen?! What a fantastic card for your daughter... it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW - what an extraordinary Mum you are!! Ada is super fortunate to have such a talented crafty mother to make this stunner!! Totally fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! I bet your daughter loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.