Pages

Sunday 1 October 2023

CASEing The Catty 439: Joy Of Christmas

 Hi!


Phew! It feels like ages since I've managed to play along with the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenges. Life has got in the way, but I was determined to play this week.


We are CASEing from the Joy Of Christmas Suite, which is in the current Mini Catalogue.


This card, on page 30, caught my eye. I loved the layering around the sentiment, and the shaped feature panel. When I looked at my Christmas stamp sets, I realised that I have no sets with images - they are all words!

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Brightest Glow, Beary Christmas DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Christmas Card

Thankfully, I do have the Beary Christmas DSP, which was a great alternative. All the hard work is done for me! I carefully cropped a scene using my elongated hexagon die from the Nested Essentials Dies. The polar bears and the tree fit perfectly!

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Brightest Glow, Beary Christmas DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Christmas Card

I used another strip of Real Red DSP from the same pack to layer under the Brightest Glow sentiment. The pop of colour ties in nicely with the gifts on the bear's back.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Brightest Glow, Beary Christmas DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Christmas Card

Some left over strips of DSP were used to decorate the inside of my card. The row of trees is really cute!

We'd love for you to play along with us by CASEing a project from the Joy Of Christmas Suite. All you need to do is add a photo to our Facebook Group before the challenge ends in a week.


That's all from me for tonight, but please do continue your way around our blog hop. The next stop is my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri with a gorgeous card. You won't want to miss it.


Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I do like your idea to use the DSP as a focal point on your card Tina. The polar bear & cub make this creation just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.