Pages

Wednesday 18 October 2023

Colour Creations: Garden Green

 Hi!


Welcome to Garden Green week of the Colour Creations Blog Hops. I'm not a big green user, but Garden Green is one of the greens that I reach for most often.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle

I decided to use my Sending Smiles bundle this week. The flower stamp that I've used makes me think of lavender. I think it's meant to be wisteria, but the lovely watercolourish look of the stamped image allows for a bit of stretching of the imagination. Do you agree?

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle

I used the smaller label in the Sending Smiles Dies to crop the sentiment. I actually cropped it twice, so that the label was smaller than intended. I didn't like all of the space on either side of the 'Birthday Wishes' sentiment.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle

I left the inside sentiment-free for now, as none of the other sentiments in the set really suited. I think it's fine with just the extra sprigs of lavender.

we'd love for you to stop by all of the blogs in tonight's Garden Green blog hop. It's always fun seeing what others have done with the feature colour. The next stop tonight is our lovely Hostess, Cathy Proctor.


Cathy will also have a list of all of tonight's hoppers on her blog to assist you if you run into any difficulties with links.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Yes, that floral image absolutely can pass as lavender! I like the two tones of Garden Green on the stamped leaves, and the bold Garden Green background that really makes the white stamped panel stand out. Lovely card, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab colour combo, Tina. I actually thought that stamp was meant to be lavender! It works so well with the DSP. As usual, the inside of your card is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Tina, those flowers look very much like lavender. Yes snap on making that die smaller. I agree it's way to big for the sentiment. Such a lovely inside to your card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me go 'wow' when I saw your stunning lavender. It really pops against the Garden Green and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.