Pages

Sunday 8 October 2023

CTC 440: Embossing From The Mini

 Hi!


Welcome to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. This week we are asking you to CASE a project from the Mini Catalogue that features an embossing folder. 


After flipping through the catalogue, I chose this card from page 65. I really liked the simple composition of the card, with the focal items framed by the embossed circle.


When I looked army stamp shelf, I decided that I hadn't played with Taco Fiesta for a while, and I could make the images in the set work with the layout of the card with a few little tweaks.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Taco Fiesta, Stripes & Splatters 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

I also hadn't used my Stripes & Splatters 3DEF for a while, so the Splatter folder got a run, too. I made my circle smaller than the original card, as my images were smaller and they would have been swamped on a larger circle.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Taco Fiesta, Stripes & Splatters 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

It's been a looooong time since I've sat down with my Stampin' Blends and had a play. I enjoy the shading and blending, so it was nice to get back into the groove of it.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Taco Fiesta, Stripes & Splatters 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

I carried the DSP and the scattering of corn chips onto the inside of my card. Isn't that spotty Brights DSP fun? I think it's retired now, but I couldn't resist using it on my card.

We'd love for you to play along with our challenge this week. Which Embossing Folder project from the Mini Catalogue catches your eye? All you need to do is CASE the card and add a photo to our Facebook Group. Easy!


Before you go, please do finish the Blog Hop. Just keep on jumping until you get back to where you started. The next stop is the wonderful Rebecca Scurr. Her embossed Christmas card is gorgeous!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.