Pages

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Colour Creations: Flirty Flamingo

 Hi!


Welcome to the Flirty Flamingo edition of the Colour Creations Blog Hops. Are you a fan of the bright pink? I wasn't start with, but I'm coming around to it. I decided to use some of the Hello, Irresistible DSP on my card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Days To Remember, Hello Irresistible DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

I don't like a lot of the papers in the pack, but I do love this all over floral design. To make it a bit more interesting, I cropped a section that featured a taller flower using the largest of the elongated hexagon dies in the Nested Essentials Dies set. I matted it on Whisper White and popped it up over the rest of the DSP.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Days To Remember, Hello Irresistible DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

One of the banner dies was used to crop the sentiment, which is from Days To Remember. You can't go too wrong with some sparkly ribbon, so a short length was added under the banner. Speaking of sparkly, I swished some Wink Of Stella over the flowers in the popped up piece - it's just tricky to photograph!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Days To Remember, Hello Irresistible DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

I had a long, narrow strip of the DSP left, so I cut it in half and adhered it to either side of the writing panel on the inside of my card. It's a great way to use up scraps and adds a little bit of interest to the card.

My lovely friend, Kate Morgan, is the nest stop along the way in our blog hop tonight. You won't want to miss any of the Flirty Flamingo gorgeousness, so just keep on hopping until you get back to where you started.


As ever, Cathy Proctor does a wonderful job of keeping us all organised. If you run into any problems with links, just pop on over to her blog. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. I'm in agreement with you on that DSP, Tina, but I love how you've used it on this card. Just popping up a die cut double matted layer immediately adds interest and dimension. So good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card Tina. I love the Hello, Irresistible DSP including the design you have chosen. I love the simplicity of a mounted die cut panel with sparkly ribbon and die cut sentiment. Beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use of that Nested Essentials Die is a clever take on the spotlighting technique, Tina. I love this paper, and really like how you've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn’t thought of using that die in this way, but what a wonderful effect! You always surprise me with some new trick Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many of the team have used this particular patterned piece this week, and all cards are so amazing in their own right. I love how you matted this die with white card and popped it up for added dimension. Love the sparkly ribbon and some 'Stella'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.