Pages

Wednesday 11 October 2023

Colour Creations: Fresh Freesia

 Hi!


Welcome to the Fresh Freesia week of the Colour Creations Blog Hops. Are you a fan of Fresh Freesia? It's a soft mauve that is yet to grow on me. Knowing the rest of the Colour Creations hoppers, by the time I've seen everyone's creations I will love it!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Days To Remember, Artistic Dies, Bright & Beautiful DSP

I started with my pack of Bright & Beautiful DSP. While 'bright' might not apply to my selected papers, I think that 'beautiful' does. I love the spotty paper, and the soft wash of the bottom paper.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Days To Remember, Artistic Dies, Bright & Beautiful DSP

I struggled with what to do after creating the base of the card, and then I found the die cut from Artistic Dies floating on my desk. I painstakingly added little snippets of Dimensionals to the back so that I could pop it up over the base. I love that I got the floral effect, but I can still see lots of the spotty paper underneath.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Days To Remember, Artistic Dies, Bright & Beautiful DSP

Because I loved it so much, I used it again on the inside of the card. A sweet twine bow finishes it off nicely, along with a sentiment from Days To Remember.

Next stop in tonight's hop is my lovely friend, Andrea Sargent. I'm sure that she has made something fabulous with Fresh Freesia!



If you happen to run into any problems with links, just jump on over to the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She keeps us all organised, and will have a list of all of tonight's participants on her blog to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Lovely choice of papers, Tina. As you may know (from about 95% of my cards, LOL), I'm a big fan of split panels, of co-ordinating/complementary DSPs, divided by ribbon. These papers are so pretty, and the delicate floral die-cut shows them off well. Sweet touches on the inside of your card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous soft and feminine card, Tina. I love the soft bow to the side and the addition of the Artistic die cut too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that die cut and it's been a while since I used it. Its lovely being able to see the patterned paper through the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tina I can't believe that you're not a fan of Fresh Freesia! Hopefully as you said the rest of us have changed your mind. Your card is so pretty and feminine and the choice of papers is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful feminine card, Tina. I love the white floral die cut over the top of the soft DSP and the white ribbon with bow. The twine on the inside is just as beautiful. How can you not love Fresh Freesia?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tina, no one would know from your card that you have not been partial to Fresh Freesia. Your colour coordination with the delightful white ribbon and the beautiful white Artistic die cut is so gorgeous. Your talent and sensitivity wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.