Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Stamp A Memory July Challenge

Hi!

Today at Stamp A Memory marks the start of a new scrapbooking challenge.  This month there is a cute Page Maps sketch for you to be inspired by.


Here is my layout, using a photo my husband Rob purchased when he saw the Tutankhamen Exhibition in Melbourne recently.  It's a high gloss photo, so I couldn't photograph it front on.  It is so glossy that you could see my reflection quite clearly in the photo!


I simplified the sketch quite a bit as it didn't quite fit with the graphic style strip I made for the right side of the layout. Blue and gold were common colours in Egyptian art and clothing, so I went with them on the strip.  I used Sahara Sand as a base to represent the stone walls of the pyramids.


I hope you can see it in the above photo, but I scored some lines in the base cardstock.  I looked up some Egyptian photos online and noticed that in a lot of the hieroglyphics there were vertical lines separating the columns of pictures.  My score lines are meant to represent this on my layout.

We'd love you to pop on over to Stamp A Memory and have a go at this challenge - it's a great source of scrapbooking inspiration.

Ink: Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker
DSP/Cardstock: Blueberry Crisp DSP, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Brushed Gold
Other: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet Die, Scoring Tool

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to go to the expo whilst in melbourne but just didnt get time. Great page and love your graphic strip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.