Pages

Saturday 23 July 2011

Ribbon Themed Blog Hop

Hi!

Welcome to our blog hop for July.  Our theme this month is ribbon, and how very appropriate given the wonderful promotion Stampin' Up! is offering this month - FREE ribbon and buttons with a $100 order.  Nice!  The blog before mine was the very clever Judy May's, but all you need to do is jump in and keep hopping til you get back to where you started.  You're sure to find a lot of inspiration along the way.

I decided to do a little 3D project for my part of the hop.  The little box below is the packaging for my project, which you will see in a couple of photo's time. lol


Here's another look at the top of the box.  I wrapped some ribbon around the sides of the box with a cute little bow at the front.  I set a jumbo eyelet into the centre of the top with some ribbon looped out of it.  This acts as a little handle to lift off the top of the box.


This is what you find inside the box:


It's a headband for a little girl!  I'll explain how I made the headband soon.


To display the headband in the box I created an insert with some holes in the middle for the band to sit underneath.  The flower part sits on top of the insert and looks pretty.  Here's a closer look at the flower:


To make the flower I looped the ribbon and then ran a stitch through it.  I think I made about 25 loops all up, and each loop used about 2 inches of ribbon.  When I had the loops all done I gathered the thread and stitched back into the first loop, making a circle of loops.  To make it really secure I put a few more stitches through the bottom, and then sewed the button on top to make the centre look a little neater.  I then attached the flower to another length of ribbon that I measured to be about half of the diameter of a child's head.  I then attached some elastic to finish off the headband section.  The elastic makes it nice and easy for the child to put the headband on themselves.


Thanks to Ada for modelling the headband for me!

Headband:
Ice Cream Parlour Ribbon and Buttons (current promotion), elastic, needle and thread

Display Box:
Stamps: Sew Suite
Ink: Chocolate Chip
DSP/Cardstock: Sweet Stitches DSP, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Other: Big Shot, Tasteful Trims Die, Jumbo Eyelet, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, White Embroidery Thread (non SU)

Now you're off to see what Nikki Sadler has created.  It's sure to be wonderful!

Catch you later,

Tina

Nikki Sadler
Di Dunk
Alisha Watson
Kathryn Ruddick
Ros Davidson
Judy May

9 comments:

  1. wow - this is amazing. So much work. It is so very cute and would be a great idea for a present for a little girl. And your model is just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this is so cute! Love the headband - you are so clever Tina! Love the Promotion & your model is so cute!
    Margaret K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I especially love all the attention to detail on the box; it is gorgeous, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, Iove what you have created. The box and the headband are both amazing...so clever. And the 'model' looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beautiful gift that would make. Love the headband, love the little ribbon handle on the box and I love the hemp twine/string round the sewing dummy (or whatever that thing is called.) Gorgeous project and so beautifully boxed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina that headband is just gorgeous as is the lovely box it comes in. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous project to showcase this ribbon, Tina. Love the colours and all the details on the box and Ada looks gorgeous in the headband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Tina, such attention to detail and a fabulous girly gift. Ada makes a great model!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, fantastic job and the new ribbon is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.