Pages

Thursday 22 September 2022

JAI 622: Just Choose Two

 Hi!


Hooray for Friday and a new Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have a Choose Two challenge for you, suggested by Nikki.


If you're new to our challenges, a Choose Two challenge is just that: choose two of the three options and make a card using them. This time it's Friend, Foliage or Masking. One of the two was a no-brainer for me, I was just left to choose between masking and foliage.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps The One With The Friend, Ink Road Stamps The One Where It's Your Birthday, Heffy Doodle Cityscape Stencil, Mama Elephant Cityscape Die, Copics, Pop Culture Card

Masking won, as it made more sense for the friend on my card! I used a Hefty Doodle Cityscape stencil to mask off the bottom of my card. I used some Wild Honey Distress Oxide on the Basic Balck cardstock. My aim was to get a yellow glow of lights, but the cardstock just soaked up the ink and made it more green than I wanted. Oh well!! I flicked some Frost White shimmer paint over the top, before removing the mask, to look like a starry sky.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps The One With The Friend, Ink Road Stamps The One Where It's Your Birthday, Heffy Doodle Cityscape Stencil, Mama Elephant Cityscape Die, Copics, Pop Culture Card

My friend comes from a Kindred Stamps set, called The One With The Friend. I coloured him with my Copic markers and popped him up over a die cut layer. The die I used was Cityscape, from Mama Elephant. Finally, the sentiment is from an Ink Road Stamps set, called The One Where It's Your Birthday.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps The One With The Friend, Ink Road Stamps The One Where It's Your Birthday, Heffy Doodle Cityscape Stencil, Mama Elephant Cityscape Die, Copics, Pop Culture Card

I used the same Mama Elephant Die, Distress Oxide and Ink Road Stamps set to finish off the inside. The inking behind the city was what I was going for on the front, it was just a bit too ambitious on black cardstock!

That's all from me for this week's challenge, but we'd love for you to play along with us. Which two will you choose? You can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards over on the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll also find our Linky for the challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.