Pages

Sunday 4 September 2022

CTC 385: CASE A Glitter Project

 Hi!


Thanks for stopping by for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. I hope you've had a wonderful day - it's Father's Day here in Australia, and my husband had a good day, starting with home made Eggs Benedict for breakfast. Funny story - in my house it's called Eggs Banana, as when the kids were younger they couldn't get the hang of Benedict, so banana it has been ever since! Rest assured, no bananas are actually used in the making!


This week we are asking you to CASE a Glitter Project from either catalogue. They are sprinkled here and there through both the Annual and Mini, so there's lots to choose from.


Have you noticed the Glitter Washi in the Mini Catalogue? I decided to CASE a project that uses it, and this card on page 56 fit the bill. I liked how strips of the washi were used behind the sentiment panel on the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Amazing Phrasing SAB, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Glitter Washi

I'm not big on Halloween, so I decided to make a birthday card, starting with the fireworks paper from the Celebrate Everything Host DSP pack. I used my Highland Heather, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie markers to add colour to the fireworks. These are the colours of the washi. I added some Daffodil Delight to the fireworks with stars in the middle.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Amazing Phrasing SAB, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Glitter Washi

I added a few extra strips of the washi than in the sample - I wanted a nice, thick base for my sentiment from Amazing Phrasing to sit on.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Amazing Phrasing SAB, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Glitter Washi

I added more strips of the washi to the inside of my card. You can never have too much glitter!

If you'd like to play along with our challenge, and we hope that you do, all you need to do is make a suitable card and add a photo to our Facebook group. It's that easy!


The next stop on our blog hop is actually the first stop, if you started in our Facebook group with Julia Quinn. She's made a gorgeous, glittery card for your viewing pleasure.


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. The washi tape is perfect with the fireworks DSP. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have noticed the washi tape and I love it!!! But, I haven't used it all together like this and it looks just magical!! What a fun and glorious card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.