Pages

Monday 12 September 2022

HOC Week 11

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop. Can you believe that we've been going for 11 weeks now? Time is flying by! Speaking of time, I was very time short this week, as I got sucked into the vortex of a new hobby - I've started English Paper Piecing, and it's very addictive! As such, I was racing to get my cards made this morning. I had an hour to spare, and I just squeaked into that time frame. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Brightest Glow, Lights Aglow SDSP, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

I used the June 2020 Sheetload Of Cards template, which makes things a lot quicker - all the thinking has been done for me. The banners were offcuts from a previous set of Heart Of Christmas cards, so there was very little cutting to do. The paper is from the Lights Aglow DSP, which is just gorgeous.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Brightest Glow, Lights Aglow SDSP, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

The sentiments are from the coordinating stamp set, called Brightest Glow. I love the mix of fonts and sentiments from the set. I also used a couple of offcuts of DSP to decorate the bottom of the inside.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Brightest Glow, Lights Aglow SDSP, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

Here's my group of four cards. The bokeh paper makes a really nice base for the sparkly paper banners. This was a great way to use up more of the black DSP from the pack, as it's mostly hidden by the other banners!

That's all from me for tonight, but please do continue your way around our blog hop. There's plenty more Christmas gorgeousness to be seen, with my lovely friend Andrea Sargent up next.


Another of my lovely friends, Sharon Davern, does a marvellous job of keeping us all organised each week. It's a big job, and the work she does is very appreciated. If you run into a problem with links, jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Very clever use of that black DSP Tina. I’m struggling a bit with ideas on how to use it. I love the banners and the single gold glimmer star. I also love the simplicity of design. Caroline x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Tina that showcase the different pattern on this DSP. I love how you have added the gold star which repeats in the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Tina, 4 cards within a scant hour. I love this layout and especially so with the delightful Lights Aglow SDSP. Beautiful cards. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Tina and a great way to feature that lovely paper. No one would have known you were so time poor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, I can't believe you made 4 cards in one hour - that is super impressive! You've really showcased this DSP beautifully and I love the addition of the bling via the gold star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing that you got four cards made in such a short period of time, Tina. I love your selection of patterned papers and the banners are a great feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stamp set, love these papers, and I love how you've showcased their versatility, Tina.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.