Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2022

Colour Creations: Garden Green

 Hi!


Hello, and welcome to a new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are celebrating Garden Green, a lovely mid-green from the Regals colour family. 


Brian King has paired it with Sweet Sorbet and Pool Party. He also paired it with Real Red and Pool Party - two similar combos. My intention was to make a card using each combo, but I ran out of time this week. Sweet Sorbet is quite a red pink, so I think that the cards would have looked very similar.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Hand-Penned Petals, Peaceful Moments, Stitched Rectangle Dies

I decided to used Hand-Penned Petals, as it's been a while since I stamped with it. I started by stamping the Whisper White panel all over with the floral stamp in Garden Green. My inkpad clearly needs reinking, but I didn't mind the rustic look of the blotchy stamping.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Hand-Penned Petals, Peaceful Moments, Stitched Rectangle Dies

The focal image with stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and filled with the colours from the combo. Are you a fan of the 'not quite matching' look? I am! I think it's fun that the filler stamps don't exactly match the outlines. If your hands are a little shaky, or your eyesight isn't so good, or you're just not that great at lining up two-step stamps, it's a fabulous set to stamp with because it's meant to be wobbly!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Hand-Penned Petals, Peaceful Moments, Stitched Rectangle Dies

I used the same image to complete the inside of the card. The sentiments I've used are both from Peaceful Moments.

We'd love for you to visit all of the blogs in tonight's blog hop, and we'd love it even more if you were able to leave some comments. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri.


As she does so brilliantly every week, Catherine Proctor is keeping us all organised with the hop. If you get stuck with a broken link, just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight' participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Tina your hand stamped background looks excellent and I really like the offset look the filler stamps in the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set. Another fabulous colour combination - I'm a firm believer that the addition of Pool Party enhances any card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice colour combo! I love the stamped background (and your description of "rustic" for the slightly blotchy stamping, LOL), and the bold focal flower, Tina. I also really like how you used two sentiments on your card; they beautifully complement one another. Lovely Garden Green card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Tina. I love the mottled rustic look of the garden green stamping in the background. Like you, I also love the off set stamping - your colour combo and stamping of the flower (both inside and out) is beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background stamping is great, rustic just adds to the 'look'. The bold flowers inside and out are so vibrant in those shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Tina, I love a hand stamped background, it really bring the card together for me. Love your choice of colour combo. stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, you made me giggle at your explanation of 'not quite matching' look. This colour combo is super pretty and rustic background stamping is great. I love that you repeated the image on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.