Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2022

Colour Creations: Evening Evergreen

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's Evening Evergreen's turn to shine. I nearly wrote that it was one of the new In Colours, but I'm a year too late - it's actually an 'old' In Colour that will retire mid-next year. It's a lovely grey-green that I quite like.


Brian King has paired Evening Evergreen with Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride. I like the mix of a Neutral and soft pink with the deeper green.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Plentiful Plants, Forever Fern, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brick & Mortar 3DEF

I began my card with a Evening Evergreen base, and a layer of Brick & Mortar Embossed Crumb Cake over the top. A strip of Evening Evergreen DSP and White Baker's Twine proved a lovely anchor point for the Stylish Shapes die-cut circle.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Plentiful Plants, Forever Fern, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brick & Mortar 3DEF

My Plentiful Plants stamp set was a great choice for the focal stamping. I stamped one set of leaves onto the circle, and stamped and die cut two more sets to go in the Blushing Bride pot. I looked to Forever Fern for the sentiment, which fits perfectly into the Stylish Shapes banner.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Plentiful Plants, Forever Fern, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brick & Mortar 3DEF

My choice for the inside sentiment is a little controversial - I know some people don't like it, as one word is grammatically incorrect, not that I'm naming names! I created the pot plant in the same way as the one on the front of my card.

Well, that's all from me with Evening Evergreen, but please do keep jumping your way around our blog hop, as there's plenty more to see. Just keep on going until you get back to your starting point. The next stop along the way is the very lovely Kate Morgan.

We are kept organised each week by the very capable, and delightful, Catherine Proctor. If you get stuck, just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Tina, that's a wonderful way to create dimension and layering with just the one stamp by stamped one set of leaves onto the circle and adding two more die cut sets. This is a colour combo I would not have thought of myself, but it really works so well on your beautiful card. If only they had the grammar correct on that controversial sentiment as I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour combination, and the great layout of your card Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, your plentiful plants pot is delightful. I love the colour combo you have chosen. Your layering is perfect. Love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, beautiful colour combo, I love the pop of pink with the more neutral colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! Now I am dying to see the comments from my friends WHO get it bwahahahahahahah!!! Otherwise, very nice card!! I love the elements you have combined Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking "oh, what a lovely card" ... until I saw THAT sentiment inside!! LOL. Just kidding. It IS a lovely card, Tina. I love the plaid DSP strip on the Crumb Cake embossed panel, and you've used the colours beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is classic Tina, and quite a lovely way to share Evening Evergreen. The brick wall is a lovely backdrop for your plant. In support of our friend, I think Stampin' Up! really should fix that grammatical error!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that brick background and the design with the strip of DSP and the circle die. The leaves stamped and layering on top add beautiful depth. A great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.