Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2022

Colour Creations: Flirty Flamingo

 Hi!


Here we are again, for a new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we a featuring Flirty Flamingo, a lovely bright pink. I wasn't a fan when Flirty Flamingo first appeared in our colour range, but it's a colour that I quite like now.


Brian King's Flirty Flamingo colour combo is super bright, but I was in the mood for a happy card, so Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green seemed like the perfect choice to pair with Flirty Flamingo.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brilliant Wings Dies

I started my card with a piece of copy paper, to which I adhered the three strips of cardstock. I stamped it all over using flowers and leaves from Simply Fabulous, using Versamark ink. It was then cropped using a Stitched Rectangle Die. The sentiment was cut using the Stylish Shapes Dies. I also cropped a smaller banner, snipped it in half, and adhered it to the back of the Whisper White banner. I love the little peek of Flirty Flamingo from behind the white.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brilliant Wings Dies

Ooops, I've jus noticed a few drips of rain on my card! I thought I was far enough under the pergola when I was taking the photo, but obviously not! Oh well! The butterfly was cut from White Glimmer Paper. It's very sparkly in real life!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brilliant Wings Dies

I used the offcut from the front panel on the inside of my card. I don't like to waste anything!

That's all from me for tonight, but please do continue your way around our blog hop. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Kate Morgan, with what's bound to be a fabulous card.

As she does every week, the lovely Catherine Proctor is keeping us all organised with our links. If you run into any troubles, jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous colour combination, layout and use of the offcut from the front panel on the inside of your card, Tina. I'm falling in love with the Simply Fabulous stamp set after seeing your amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aghhhhhh!!! what a totally gorgeous colour combo!! And I love your card - especially the inside - how gorgeous! . . . . saving screenshots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so bright and happy Tina. Your colour combo is gorgeous, and the subtle Versamark stamping is lovely. Your use of the die cut panel on the card front and the “left over bit” on the inside is brilliant. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bright and funky colour choices Tina, Flirty Flamingo looks amazing with Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green. The bright colour really highlight the white butterfly and the inside of your card is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina I really love the way you have used the "offcut" for the inside of the card. It sort of flows from the outside to the inside for an effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, you are the queen of bright and happy cards, and this is another beauty! The tri coloured panels die cut and then the outside border used on the inside of the card is awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you stamped all over the three panels of card on the front of (and inside!) your card, Tina. That, along with the way you added extra flagged ends to the sentiment, adds beautiful detail. I love the stamp set you used, and the polka dot paper - both so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun- filled card in a colour combo that is suggestive of bright summer days. When are they coming?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.