Pages

Sunday 25 September 2022

CTC 388: CASE An Embossing Project

 Hi!


Welcome back to a new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's been a few weeks since I have played along - life just got a bit busy. It's good to be back!


This week we are asking you to CASE an Embossing Project. It can be from either catalogue, and can be heat, dry or paste embossing.


I chose this card from page 38 of the Mini Catalogue to CASE. I'm usually a bit lazy about getting my heat embossing stuff out, but it already happened to be out because I'd used it on another card. I also loved the distressed look to the dry embossed background on the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trees For Sale, Whimsical Woodland 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Pearlised Enamel Effects, Christmas Card

I changed the card to be a regular sized card, rather than the mini slimline in the catalogue. I also made the dry embossed panel smaller, so that more of the Celebrate Everything Host DSP underneath can be seen. To get the distressed look on the Melon Mambo card, I simply swiped my Craft White ink pad over the top, after it had been embossed with the Whimsical Woodland 3DEF.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trees For Sale, Whimsical Woodland 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Pearlised Enamel Effects, Christmas Card

I stamped the tree, as in the sample, with the Trees For Sale stamp set. I stamped the baubles over the top, and then realised I hadn't opened my Pearlised Enamel Effects yet. Perfect opportunity! It's so easy to use - just a little dot of the thick liquid over the stamped bauble and let it dry! I cut the panel with my Beautiful Shapes Dies before stamping and adding the Enamel.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Trees For Sale, Whimsical Woodland 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Pearlised Enamel Effects, Christmas Card

I'd made a full card front sized panel when I did the embossing and distressing for the front of the card, so I was able to use the offcuts for the inside. I couldn't resist adding more Enamel to the tree, too. Isn't the dimension wonderful?

That's all from me, but we'd love to see which embossing project you will CASE this week. When you've decided, just add a photo of your card to our Facebook Group before next Sunday's blog hop.


My fellow South Aussie, Michelle Strazds, is the next stop in our blog hop this week. She's created a super-sweet card that you won't want to miss! It's so pretty.


Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. The white ink swipe looks just amazing!!!! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.