Pages

Sunday 30 January 2022

CTC 354: Abstract Beauty Suite

Hi!

Hooray, it's time once again for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. This week we have returned to the Mini Catalogue and are asking you to CASE a project from the Abstract Beauty Suite pages of the catalogue.

At the time I made my card I was waiting for the dies to arrive, so instead of waiting I decided to choose a card that didn't use the dies. I settled on the card below.

I really liked the strong diagonal line in this card, with the busier DSP at the bottom of the card. I didn't want to make a small card, so I had to translate the idea to a regular sized card. I also thought that it's been while since I've used my Sweet As A Peach stamp set (other than for the sentiments), so that's what I decided to use.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Peach Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, You're A Peach DSP

I chose my DSP for this card based on the original card - I tried to get a plainer pattern on top, with the busier pattern at the bottom. I used some retired ribbon to hide the join. A few rhinestones were added instead of the hearts on the original card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Peach Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, You're A Peach DSP

I stamped the peaches using both Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral ink. I inked the whole stamp with Papaya ink and then sponged some Coral ink along the sides. It's subtle, but I was pleased with the effect!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Sweet As A Peach, Peach Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, You're A Peach DSP

The DSP panel I created for the front of the card was actually full sized before I cropped it. As you can see, I've used the left over frame on the inside of the card, along with another stamped peach.

It's very easy to join in with our challenge, you just need to upload a photo of your card into our Facebook Group. We'd love for you to play along.


But before you dash off, please do continue your way around our blog hop. The next stop is the very clever Julia Quinn, who has a sweet fancy fold card for you to see.


Bye for now,

Tina


3 comments:

  1. Love your card. It’s has great colour contrast with the blue and coral. And best tip ever with no waste by creating a full panel and cutting to use the center as a focal on the front and frame for the inside. I decorate my inside but not fancy like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the double coloured peach stamp!! What a fabulous card - I love what you've done with the caseing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's fabulous Tina! I love the idea of a full size used on the inside, it's two cards in one. Cute colour combo and the peaches work perfectly to balance it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.