Pages

Sunday 23 January 2022

CTC 353: CASE The SAB Catalogue

 Hi!


Thanks for once again joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. This week we are asking you to CASE a project from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.


After a bit of a flick though the catalogue, I settled upon this daffodil card from page 5. I really loved the fancy border top and bottom and the layering in the card.


Apart from the Basic Borders Dies, I don't actually own any of the products used to create the catalogue card, so I had to think about suitable substitutes.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hand Penned Petals bundle, Sweet Strawberry, Basic Borders Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Pattern Party DSP

I thought that the Hand-Penned Petals set was a good substitute, although it works better on a landscape card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hand Penned Petals bundle, Sweet Strawberry, Basic Borders Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Pattern Party DSP

I used the Host DSP, Pattern Party on my card. The striped piece was coloured with Gorgeous Grape ink using a Blending Brush.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hand Penned Petals bundle, Sweet Strawberry, Basic Borders Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Pattern Party DSP

I used one of the DP offcuts on the inside of my card. After I'd glued it down I did think that I probably should have coloured it purple, too. Oh well!

Our challenge is run in our Facebook group. After you've finished hopping and you've made your card, jump on over to the group where you can upload a photo of your card. Get it in before next Sunday evening to be in the running. Can't wait to see what you make!


The next stop on our Blog Hop tonight is the lovely Julia Quinn. You certainly don't want to miss out on the gorgeousness to be found on her blog.


Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Great CASE Tina, I like the landscape version better, and the strip of DSP really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. The Hand Penned set worked perfectly and I love how you swapped the orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your version really works Tina. It's just as pretty on the inside, I must try harder at carrying the theme through the whole card and envelope. Great idea to turn it and it makes the flowers stand out with your choice of DSP and colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.