Pages

Monday 3 January 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 516

 Hi!

You've probably worked out by now that I love my pop culture stamps. I'm getting quite a collection!! One company that I like, Ink Road Stamps, just started a monthly challenge in their FB group, with the first theme being Movies. To make the challenge a little easier on myself, I went searching for a sketch challenge to go with it. I've known of Freshly Made Sketches for a while, but never played along. Today was the day!


This is their current sketch challenge, which will close in less than a day. Oops, better get my skates on! I chose my Pretty Bizarre stamp set, by Ink Road Stamps, to go with it.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Tim Holtz, Freshly Made Sketches, Pretty Bizarre, Burst Layering Stencil, Stitched Triangles Dies, In Good Taste DSP

I started with the silhouette stamp, which I stamped on my Stamparatus. I had to stamp a few times to get a full, solid black image. He's just fussy cut, which I really shouldn't do late at night! I really love this sentiment, too. It cracks me up every time! I love how the silhouette is framed by the two Stitched Triangles die cuts - such a cool effect.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Tim Holtz, Freshly Made Sketches, Pretty Bizarre, Burst Layering Stencil, Stitched Triangles Dies, In Good Taste DSP

The stencil that I used is Burst Layering Stencil, by Tim Holtz. Lucky Clover Distress Oxide was the ink I used, and stencilled onto Shaded Spruce cardstock.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Tim Holtz, Freshly Made Sketches, Pretty Bizarre, Burst Layering Stencil, Stitched Triangles Dies, In Good Taste DSP

I used a couple more stamps from Pretty Bizarre on the inside. I struggle a bit with needing to put a 'happy birthday' stamp somewhere on a birthday card, but then I usually end up writing happy birthday anyway, so maybe the stamp is a little redundant? I shall have to ponder some more!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. I love this silhouette and sentiment! What a fun take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card for sure! Love the striking silhouette with the star burst! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.