Pages

Saturday 8 January 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 517

 Hi!

EDIT: how exciting! My card was chosen by Linda to be a Princess! Thank you!

I've once again found myself with time to play along with Freshly Made Sketches. I've been watching the Ashes Test Cricket and crafting along at the same time. What fun!

I took a few days to ponder in how to interpret this sketch and decided that a slimline card with butterflies was the go.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Freshly Made Sketches, Timeless Tulips, Sweet Ice Cream, Peaceful Moments, Butterfly Bijou DSP, Get Well Card, Slimline Card

I don't often make slimline cards, but I think this occasion called for it. It's a great way to fit a heap of big images without them getting too crowded. The butterflies are from the retired Butterfly Bijou DSP and the sentiment is from Timeless Tulips.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Freshly Made Sketches, Timeless Tulips, Sweet Ice Cream, Peaceful Moments, Butterfly Bijou DSP, Get Well Card, Slimline Card

I stamped a row of splatters using a stamp from Sweet Ice Cream. You can't really see much of them after the butterflies were added over the top, but I still like the little peeps here and there.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Freshly Made Sketches, Timeless Tulips, Sweet Ice Cream, Peaceful Moments, Butterfly Bijou DSP, Get Well Card, Slimline Card

You can see them a little more on the inside, though. The inside sentiment is from Peaceful Moments. The card is going to someone near and dear to me who just tested positive to Covid, so I used a 'gushier' sentiment on the inside than I would usually use.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so clean and beautiful in its' simplicity....the slimline is perfect for the sketch...love the colors....it's simply an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is gorgeous! I love these pretty butterflies and how you've so expertly arranged them. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning row of butterflies!! They are truly lovely and so perfect for a "get well"! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This slimline take on the sketch is brilliant! Those butterflies look absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.