Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

Summer Mini Catalogue Blog Hop

Hi!

Welcome to another casual little blog hop.  A group of my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators and I like to do a monthly blog hop to help our readers with some inspiration.  Di Dunk's blog was the stop before mine, but you can hop on and off wherever you'd like.  There are 7 blogs to look at - can you think of a better way to start a Saturday morning?
I have two cards for you today, both made with the Marry Me stamp set, which you can find on page 21 of the Summer Mini Catalogue.  I call the first one the 'City Wedding Card', as I think it has a very urban feel, especially compared to my second card.

I had to hold this one closed to photograph it due to the odd shape of the front.  The card is only a half card on the front, with the overlapping image.  The inside of the card shows through to the front when it is closed flat.  This was my first play with the Mocha Morning Specialty DSP.  I love all the neutrals in it and thought it would look quite classy on a wedding card.

I stamped off the En Francais stamp once before stamping on the cardstock.  The full strength Crumb Cake ink competed too much with the DSP on the front so it needed to be toned down a little.  It was a bit tricky lining up the inside parts so the 'right' bits showed at the front, but the effort was worth it.

My second card I call my 'Country Wedding Card'.  It's such a contrast to the other card!  I used the lovely Beau Chateau DSP on this one.  The Marina Mist blue with the Very Vanilla remind me of milk jugs and cream pots.

The main image was a little stark stamped on the Very Vanilla, so I spritzed over the top with my Colour Spritzer and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker.  Looking at it now though, I probably should add a pearl to the little butterfly tucked in above the sentiment.


The inside was finished off to match the outside.  I used the gorgeous Very Vanilla Velvet Ribbon on both the inside and outside of the card.  It is so soft and smooth and adds a lovely texture to the card.  You can find the ribbon on page 11 of the Summer Mini Catalogue.

City Card
Stamps: Marry Me, En Francais
Ink: Crumb Cake, Basic Black
DSP/Cardstock: Mocha Morning Specialty DSP, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Other: Lace Ribbon Border Punch

Country Card
Stamps: Marry Me
Ink: Marina Mist, Crumb Cake
DSP/Cardstock: Beau Chateau DSP, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette
Other: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Very Vanilla Velvet Ribbon, Basic Jewels Pearls, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Sponge Dauber, Colour Spritzer, Circle Cutter, Dimensionals

If you'd like to continue the Blog Hop and see some more amazing projects, then please hop on over to Nikki Sadler's blog.  Please take a minute to leave a comment before you go.  It's easy to do, and I'd love to know what you think of my cards.

Bye for now,

Tina

Blog Hop Participants:
Nikki Sadler
Kathryn Mangelsdorf
Sue Madex
Alisha Watson
Kathryn Ruddick
Di Dunk

8 comments:

  1. Wow Tina!! Love both of these cards. That layering on the first one looks really good - love how a bit of the inside shows on the front = must have been tricky to get it all lined up. And love the beautiful country colours on the second. Those little pearls look beautiful on the bridal veil. Just gorgeous and I want that set now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely, Tina. I especially love your second card, because it's very different to what I'd think to make. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina you never cease to amaze me with your talent. I havent got this set yet but you are always the best seller by just making what you do....sigh another order coming up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, I have noticed over the last few months, the attention to detail on your cards with now the inside just as pretty as the cover. The design of the first card is fab and it worked so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your cards Tina, all those layers and attention to detail. Isn't that Mocha Morning DSP just too delicious? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful cards, Tina. Can't decide which one is my favourite...they are both so different but so lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this stamp is a beautiful one Tina and you have shown 2 beautiful, but different, examples of it. TFS. Great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely lovely Tina - love both of the cards, that bow is perfectly tied and yes I agree with Kathryn, decorating the insides too is such a lovely thing to do. I hope you have two weddings to go to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.