Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

Just Add Kathy Tanner!

Hi!
I decided to spend the last official day of the school holidays at my craft desk and my first stop for a challenge was Just Add Ink.  Their new challenge is a CASE challenge, this time it's Kathy Tanner.  So off I went to her blog and after quite a bit of scrolling through her gorgeous cards I selected this card to CASE.

So as you can see my card turned out just a smidgeon differently to Kathy's card!  I started off with the round main panel, just like she did.  I brayered Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade onto the cardstock and then heat embossed the Eiffel Tower and sentiment over the top.  I matted the panel on a larger Basic Black circle and then decided to matt it again on a larger shape, like Kathy's.  I chose a different shape though.

I tried the ribbon at the top of the card as Kathy had placed hers there but it just didn't work so along the bottom it went!  Kathy also stamped her sentiment at the bottom of her large matt but I chose to stamp the stamp to match the DSP there instead.  It fits into the shape of the large matt perfectly!


The inside used mostly the same elements as the outside.  And what do you do when you stuff up the stamping?  You use your blender pen and some Lucky Limeade ink to create some shrubs around the bottom of the Eiffel Tower!

EDITED: Seems I stuffed up when I made the card and used Not Quite Navy cardstock instead of Island Indigo!  Just goes to show that you should tidy up your craft space in between projects!

Stamps: Artistic Etchings, A Word For You
Ink: Basic Black, Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade
DSP/Cardstock: In Colour Patterns DSP, Island Indigo, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Labels Die (non SU), Basic Black Satin Ribbon, White Baker's Twine, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Blender Pen, Circle Cutter
Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Tina! The eiffel tower looks wonderful against your brayered background.
    The inside looks wonderful too! That's something I know you didn't case because I admit to being too I lazy and almost never do the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Paris and "amour" on your mind, my friend??!! Lovely card; I love all the work put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina this is a lovely anniversary card and I am glad that Kathy could help inspire you in making it. I too can relate to a messy craft desk! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Brayered circle.....the colours are great - not colours I would have thought to put together....but they work so well. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.