Pages

Thursday 5 January 2012

Distressed Doilies

Hi!

I decided to kick start off the New Year with a few challenges.  One of the ones I looked at was Unscripted Sketches.  It's been a while since I've played along with them, life just gets too busy sometimes!


I quite liked the sketch this week, but I don't think I followed it completely.  Instead of a solid block at the bottom I chose to stamp my sentiment on vellum and fold it around the layer to attach it to the card.  For the stamped panel I took some Pink Pirouette, stamped it with the doilies in Soft Suede and then distressed the panel with Tea Stain ink from my new Distressing Essentials kit.  I think I need a little more practice with the distressing, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


More distressing on the inside, but more of a halo around the edges so there is plenty of room to write my message to the recipient.

Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Ink: Soft Suede, Tea Stain (from the Distressing Essentials kit)
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Vellum
Other: Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Jewels Pearls, Dimensionals, Distressing Ink Applicator, Paper Snips

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Great look thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - both inside and outside! I love how you have chosen to interpret the sketch. There is no wrong or right way....just your very own 'unscripted' interpreation, which in this case is lovely! Hope to see you playing again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I so love the colors and those great images. Nice use of the Unscripted sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the doilies. They are on my wish list!! I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.