Pages

Friday 13 January 2012

Festive Friday Challenge #1


Hi!

I'm so excited to be a part of a brand new Design Team!  Nicole Derendorf has started a new Festive Friday Challenge on her blog and I was thrilled to be asked to be a part of the Design Team. The focus of the Challenges is going to be Festive cards, hence the title of the Challenges!  Most of the year we will concentrate on Christmas cards, but occasionally there will be a different theme.  We are starting off with Valentine's Day cards.


I'm not one for elaborate Valentine's Day celebrations, so I kept my card quite simple.  I love that I can make a simple card, but that the Shimmer Paper makes it something quite special.


To emphasise the heart and the sentiment I scored 2 lines above and below them at 1/8" apart.  It's a small touch, but it helps to keep the eye on the main elements of the card rather than wandering around in all that white space.


The inside is quite simple too.  Lots of space to write a heartfelt message of love!

Stamps: Clearly For You, Marry Me
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Silver Shimmer Paper, Red Shimmer Paper, Confetti White
Other: Heart to Heart Punch, Dimensionals, Scoring Tool

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the very first Festive Friday Challenge.  Are you a clean and simple cardmaker like me? Or do you go for the other end of the scale and go all out?  Either way, I'm sure it will be fabulous and I'm going to love checking out all the creations.  Head on over to Nicole's blog to see what the other Design Team members have made and to link up your card.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card! Defiantly one I'll have to case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first Festive Friday card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.