Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

JAI #224: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!

Do you ever have one of those days where your memory plays little tricks on you? It seems I had one of those days while making my Design Team sample for this week's Just Add Ink Challenge.  Sigh...


This week Kim found these gorgeous images to inspire our creations.  Most of the DT went with the Christmas in July theme, and so did I.  I think poinsettias and Christmas are nearly inseparable for me!  I have had a foam wreath lying around since Christmas waiting to be decorated, so now was the time to do it.


I cut a whole lot of strips from the retired First Edition SDSP and spent a long evening in front of the telly gluing them onto the wreath.  Each strip was only half an inch wide, so it took a lot of time and a lot of strips!  Thankfully it was a good telly night so I was able to watch while I glued.


Here's where the dodgy memory comes in.  Firstly I forgot where I'd stashed the baubles I'd put aside for this project way back in January.  Took me half an hour to find them.  The dodgy memory came in again when I finally found than and realised they were gold, not red like I'd imagined them to be.  Sigh...  It was too late to go back, so I decided to add the red and green ribbon to bring in the colours from the inspiration pic.

Overall I'm really happy with the wreath, dodgy memory and all.  It's not OTT, it's just my style and I'm going to love displaying it at Christmas time.  So - what do you see in the picture?  The DT have come up with a huge variety of ideas for your inspiration.  You can see them over at Just Add Ink.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Dodgy memory or not I love your wreath! Even better when you get to put it together in front of good tv! I think the baubles look perfectly fine - I can see the gold in the inspiration pic! You've created an Absolutely lovely touch of Christmas. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely project, Tina. I am sure it will bring much pleasure to you and your family at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina you did a great job of working through your hurdles to come out with a wonderful Christmas decoration. I love the contrast between the newsprint and the shiny gold baubles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! The print dsp was well worth the effort Tina, it has a lovely industrial feel to it...If you want l can hang it on my door...:0) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.