Pages

Friday 11 July 2014

JAI #222: Just Add Colour

Hi!

It's Friday so I'm here with the new Just Add Ink Challenge.  This week we have a gorgeous colour combination for you courtesy of Mae.


It took me a little while to think of what to do with this card, but once I got an idea it came together pretty quickly.  I used a lot of retired product on this card - some recently retired, some has been retired for a while.


I started with the DSP on the base.  It's from the long retired Twitterpated DSP - a favourite of mine.  I didn't have enough to cover the entire front so I trimmed it into four pieces.  To soften the gaps I covered the bottom one with the retired Flower Trim and the top ones with the leaf die cuts.


I was a little worried that the Bermuda Bay would be too strong a colour for the rest of the card so I stamped it off once before I stamped on the card.


I liked the leaves so I added a few more to the inside to finish it off.

I hope you can play along with us at Just Add Ink this week - it's a great colour combination.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. That wreath effect looks gorgeous Tina, such a pretty card and great use of the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this softly and feminine card Tina. I especially love the trick of stretching your DSP to fit the card front. Clever lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.