Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Timeless Birthday Card

Hi!

Today I have for you a birthday card I made using some of the new Edgelits in the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue.  I love how much elegance they can add to a card.


I used the Edgelits to create a lovely edge on the DSP and cardstock.  I also used a matching embossing folder to emboss the base cardstock.  Here's a closer look.


Just a hint: you need to emboss the base cardstock BEFORE you adhere the layers.  It won't fit through your Big Shot if you adhere the layers first.  I discovered this the hard way, but fortunately I didn't break my Big Shot!  Aren't the pearls a lovely little touch to highlight the embossing?


I also used one of the new Framelits as a panel for the sentiment and some Basic Black satin ribbon to finish it off.


Gotta do the inside too!

Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Ink: Island Indigo, Versamark
DSP/Cardstock: Timeless Portrait DSP, Basic Black, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Framelits, Edgelits, Adorning Accents Embossing Folders, Basic Jewels Pearls, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Silver Embossing Powder

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Tina. I love the effect with the edgelits. I might just have to add it to my CASE file if that is ok? :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful = so elegant. Thanks for the tip on the embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.