Pages

Thursday 10 May 2012

Paris Week Day 4

Hi!

Welcome to the last day of my Paris recap.  Today I have 6 more photos for you.  These are my 6 favourite photos from the over 3500 we took!  We loved them so much we printed them to 10" x 8", framed them and created a Paris picture wall in our dining room.  I love looking at them every day and thinking back on our time there.  None of these photos are edited (except for cropping), they are as they came out of the camera.


I love the memories that go with this photo of Notre Dame.  It was a return visit as we'd been to look at a few places nearby.  On the first visit we'd had some crepes at a food vendor beside the Cathedral and we decided that because we were in the area we'd go back for more.  They were the best crepes we had ever had!  So we sat munching crepes while sitting on a low wall just people watching.  We were waiting for the sun to go down so we could take a photo at night. It was absolutely stunning.


Ahh, more memories!  This photo was taken from the Pont des Arts, just after we had followed a romantic tradition.  Thankfully a friend told us about this tradition before we left Australia so we were well prepared.  You take a padlock, write your names on it and then padlock it to the bridge.  Finally you throw your keys into the river, linking your hearts forever.  This trip was just before our 10th Wedding Anniversary, so it was a beautiful thing to do to celebrate it.  The pont (bridge) is a pedestrian bridge, and on this Friday night it was packed with Parisians sitting and eating and drinking and talking and just enjoying life.  It was one of those moments that you see the real Paris.


This photo was taken from the Trocedero, across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower.  It's one of the best places to get a full length picture of the Tower.  We spent a lot of time in this square people watching at both day and night. The evening light show on the Eiffel Tower is pretty spectacular and this was one of the best places to watch it from.


The Arc de Triomphe at night.  We caught the Metro all around Paris.  It was so easy to navigate and it had the added bonus of having buskers regularly entertaining us on our journey. Oh, and the occasional crazy person! One of the stations that we visited most was the one right beside/underneath(?) the Arc.  One night we decided to break our journey so we could photograph the Arc at night.  It was so pretty.  My sister had told us to look out for the Rue (road) that's nicknamed Rubies and Diamonds (or similar!).  It's named after the lights from the cars going up and down the Rue at night.  Sadly we forgot to look for it!  Oh well!


Rob took this photo of the Moulin Rouge.  I love how crisp it is, especially as it was taken without the steadying benefit of a tripod.  We visited the Moulin Rouge for dinner and the show the night before.  We had left our camera at home as cameras are not permitted inside the venue so we strolled back there the following night to take the photo.  We were staying about a 10 minute walk from the Moulin Rouge.


This was the Basilica Sacre Coeur.  It's on top of a hill so you can see the Basilica from many places around Paris.  It's very distinctive!  We walked here from our hotel (about 30 minutes), but before we faced the final trek up the hill we stopped for more crepes.  We ate so many while we were in Paris!  We ended up cheating a little and catching the Funicular up the hill.  It's a  bit like a cable car that runs along the ground.  At the top we found lots of crowds and lots of entertainment.  Lots of dodgy souvenir sellers, but most excitingly for Rob we also found some portrait artists.  Rob had his drawn by a very good artist (he's been wanting a sketch for AGES!), but I got talked into having mine drawn by a man with a pencil and a piece of paper.  I can't bring myself to call him an artist.  I have brown eyes and pale lips and he gave me green eyes and red lips.  Looked nothing like me!

Well that wraps up my Paris week, I hope you've enjoyed my little recap of our trip. I enjoyed sharing it with you all.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina, I just visited your blog for the first time a couple of days ago, I followed a link from someone else's blog. I've really enjoyed hearing about your holiday and the beautiful pics! You're in my favourites now, so I'll be back :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS those lovely photos of your trip to Paris. I haven't been to Paris yet, but I can thoroughly recommend Italy! I have jotted your suggestions about photo locations in my Lonely Planet guide to Europe!!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Paris photo wall sounds like a great way to keep the memories of an awesome trip alive and fresh. Great pics! How gorgeous are the colours in that first one - the goldish tones of the building and that stunning sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.