Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

JAI Scrapbooking Challenge #5: Just Add Heritage

Hi!



It's the first Sunday of the month, which means it's time for a new scrapbooking challenge at Just Add Ink. This month we are challenging you to use a heritage photo in your layout.  I selected a photo that my grandfather took in 1926.


This photo has always stuck in my memory, so this challenge provided to perfect opportunity to scrap it.  Can you see in the photo - everyone is sitting on the beach in their Sunday best?  I also love that the people in the photo are so relaxed, not the usual stiffly posed photo of the era.


I used some more of the gorgeous Joanne Leddy flowers on my layout, they are such a statement but in an understated way!


I kept my layout fairly monochromatic in keeping with the Heritage theme of the challenge.  How are you going to interpret this challenge this month?  I can't wait to see your layout over at Just Add Ink.

Ink: Wisteria Wonder
DSP/Cardstock: In Colour Patterns DSP, First Edition Specialty DSP, Concord Crush Textured 12x12 Cardstock, Basic Black, Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla
Other: Big Shot, Simple Numbers Bigz Dies, Swirls Scribbles Sizzlits Die, Top Note Bigz Die, Fancy Flower Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Vintage Brads, Paper Snips

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers set off beautifully with those striking black flourishes. Your pages always look so balanced - love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.