Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

Guest Designer at Sunny Challenges and Creations

Hi!

Today I have exciting news - the lovely Miss Vicky at Sunny Challenges and Creations has asked me to be a Guest Designer for their new challenge.  Of course I said yes!


Today the ladies have a sketch challenge for you, with the added twist that your card must feature the Baby Wipe Technique.  If you need a tutorial for this technique you can find one here. It's a technique I hadn't tried before, but one I found easy to do and a whole lot of fun!


Here's the card I created for the challenge.  I used my More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke reinkers to create my 'inkpad' and then stamped away with my French Foliage stamp set. 


I got the idea for this combination of colours and stamps after talking to one of my stamping ladies who wanted a more multi coloured look to her leaf stamps. I suggested the rock'n'roll technique but after she left I got to wondering if it would work with the baby wipe technique. I think it works beautifully! The biggest compliment was when I showed my husband the card - he thought I'd used DSP as the background!


I'm not sure how I'll use this card, so I've left the inside blank apart from the stamping along the edges.  You can see in this shot that I've used Naturals Ivory cardstock for the card base.  It's a lovely cardstock that has flecks through it and is perfect for a card like mine.

Stamps: French Foliage, It's Your Day
Ink: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, Always Artichoke
Other: Artichoke Denim Ribbon, Hemp Twine, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, Baby Wipe

I hope you can play along this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations.  I'd love to see your take on the Baby Wipe technique!

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Tina, on your Guest DT spot. This is a perfect technique to use for the leaf stamps. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Tina! French Foliage is the perfect set to use with this technique. It was my first thought when I saw this challenge ... but then I saw your card, so I might have to change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Tina. I love the colours you used on the leaves. Thanks for being part of the team at Sunny Challenges and Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your take on the sketch & the technique Tina. You have created a simply beautiful card. Colours are beautiful, so rich & vibrant. Thanks so much for being our Weekly Guest Designer at Sunny Challenges & Creations. PS The inside is just as beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.