Pages

Tuesday 13 July 2010

My New Loungeroom/Craft Space

Hi!

I'd mentioned in a previous post that I had a brand new lounge room and craft space. A few of you asked for pictures, so here they are. Now, before you look I must apologise for the mess in the pictures. Sadly, my new room is messy for two reasons: I have been struck down with a very nasty gastro bug (children too!), and we had to move into the new lounge room for the day because the painters were painting the rest of our living space. I don't think the mess is too bad considering!

This first picture shows my craft desk from the doorway into the new space. It's a small desk but it suits me perfectly. I kinda like that it is on display in the new room - it will force me to keep it clean and tidy! The set of drawers beside is the 'Alex' from IKEA. It rolls away under my desk when I'm not crafting.


This set of shelves is behind my desk and stores my punches in the pink boxes, magazines in the white magazine holders, DSP and 12x12 card stock in the black basket, rubons and stickers in the file folder beside the basket, card sketches and scrapbook layouts in the red and black folders, and card stock in the sleeves beside the folders. On top is my Big Shot and accessories, photos, embossing powders and other stuff I use regularly but takes up too much space on my desk. Some of this will get moved to a different set of shelves once we are able to get into our new study. The brown shelves hold my stamp sets and a box of ribbons. You can only see the side of the shelves.


The next photo was taken from behind my craft desk, beside the last set of shelves I showed you. It shows the rest of the lounge room. Rob, Alex and Ada are playing the Wii. They're pretty bored after a day cooped up in this room!


This is the view I have from the window as I am crafting. We back onto a golf course and at the moment it is lush and green. I must admit I love to laugh at the crazy golfers who are out there in all kinds of weather chasing the little white ball around! We live on the 18th fairway, so at least they are close to the finish by the time they get to us.


This last photo was taken from the window looking back at my craft space. Behind the blue door is a powder room that has a toilet, vanity and shower. My family has 5 people in it and we only had one bathroom. Not fun! I can't wait for this bathroom to be finished so that we have a second loo.


So that's my new space. There are a few finishing touches to go - plates need to go over the power points, the light fittings need to go on and I need to make curtains for the window and sliding door. We also need to get our buffet and hutch out of the garage and put it on the blank wall near my craft space.

Well, I hope you like this little 'tour' of my new lounge room and craft space. I would have loved to have been able to have a whole room to myself, but that will just have to wait until one of the children move out of home. I'll be waiting for a long time I'm sure!

Catch you later,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Tina. The best thing is you can keep an eye on everything going on around you while you craft. My space is out in the open and middle of all the action, its the best bit about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've made great use of your space Tina - love the rollaway drawers. Have fun getting the last bits and pieces set up and hope that new loo is all done soon. Hope you're all on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.