Pages

Sunday 4 July 2010

Best Friends Together

Hi!

I thought I'd use the sketch challenge at Just Add Ink to complete a scrapbook layout. I used a photograph of my daughter Ada and her best friend Zahli that Zahli's mum Lisa took. I think it is a fantastic photo of them and I couldn't wait to scrap it. Here's the layout:



I used two copies of the photo: one at 5x7 inches and one at 6x8 inches. I layered vellum over the smaller photo and inked the edges with Soft Suede. I love the soft, muted effect.



I've left a space for some journalling: a Top Note hidden behind the main photo. I'm not sure where or when the photo was taken so I won't do the journalling until I find out.



I used colours from the Autumn Traditions DSP as my colour inspiration - Elegant Eggplant, Soft Suede and Ruby Red. I would never have thought to put the purple and red together, but I think they look great!

Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant, Ruby Red, Soft Suede, Vellum
Ink: Soft Suede
Other: Small Rhinestone Brads, 1/4" Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain ribbon, 5/8" Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon, Round Tab Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Timeless Type Alphabet Die, Sponge Dauber

Catch you later,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo of two beautiful little girls. Your layout is lovely, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Layout and lovely photos Tina!Great use of such bright colours too. Thanks for joining in with Just Add Ink this week. :)
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty layout, I just love those colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful girls - great layout Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning photo! I love how you've scrapped it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a star, Tina. This is perfectly perfect! Great take on the sketch challenge. Thanks for playing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this gorgeous photo. Great layout Tina.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.