Pages

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Bella Rose in a Cottage Garden

Hi!

Today was a day of mixed feelings for me. My daughter Ada started school today, which she was very excited about. Neither of us was very upset about this big event as she's been ready for school for a long time. About mid morning I did have a little ponder about how grown up she's getting. I do miss her, but it's time to let her spread her wings a little further. And she's got big brother Alex to show her the ropes at school!

So now it's just me and Hudson at home during the day. It sure feels quiet after having all 3 children home over the holidays! I'm hoping to get into a new routine of housework in the morning and then me-time in the afternoon while Hudson has a sleep. This routine worked well today and I managed to make a card for the latest Just Add Ink challenge, which was to add embossing.

After a few false starts this is the card I came up with:


Totally different to the card I had in my head when I sat down at my craft desk! That's just how it goes some days - you go where the mojo takes you. It doesn't show up well in the photo but the strip down the side is Bella Rose DSP. I used the same DSP under the top Kiwi Kiss panel. I punched the scallop oval into the Kiwi Kiss to reveal the DSP and sentiment below.

Stamps: Cottage Garden
Ink: Old Olive, Regal Rose
DSP/Card Stock: Bella Rose DSP, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Other: Big Shot, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, Stamp Positioner

Well, must dash as school's out soon and I can't wait to see how Ada's first day went.

Catch you later,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Aww - my daughter started school this year for the first time. She was so ready and tho I missed her I did enjoy my peace and quiet! I love your card - love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Enjoy the time while your 'baby' sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that must be a shock for the system!! Sometimes more so for the Mum than your baby. lol. This is a gorgeous card, I love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your colours choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Great take on the embossing challenge, thanks for coming to play at Just Add Ink! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very, very pretty Tina, I love the butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Ada had a fabulous first day of school. Must feel quiet with one less at home during the day. Love the card. Love the idea of punching the window into the top layer with the greeting underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.