Pages

Wednesday 28 July 2010

My Shadow

Hi!

Now, I did tell you I was very inspired by the latest Just Add Ink sketch challenge. This layout is my third go using the fabulous sketch.


I took the photos of Hudson last week. I'd made a card and was lying on the floor to take a photo of the card when Hudson decided I was playing and came over to join in. The photos were taken on strange angles, so I decided to rotate the squares to suit the photos. The lower right edge of each photo is actually the bottom. Poor Hudson has been a bit lonely lately as his playmate Ada started school. Now he just follows me everywhere, hence the title: 'my shadow'.


To create this effect I die cut a set of letters, stuck them in place using temporary adhesive and then used a sponge to sponge ink over the top. I removed the letters and then stuck down a second set slightly offset. I got this technique from page 24 of Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine (Vol 16 No 5).

Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive
Other: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet Die, 1/4" Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge

Catch you later,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. I love your layout Tina, and how you flipped the squares to make the triangle. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used the sketch. And the "shadows" on the title - what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous page! What a cutie! Love the shadowing idea too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very, very welcome Tina. We can't wait to hear the news too! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.