Pages

Sunday 31 July 2022

CTC 380: Christmas Tree Project

 Hi!


Thanks for spending your Sunday evening with me, hopping around the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We have a new challenge and a blog hop to kick it off every Sunday evening.


This week we are asking you to CASE a project that features a Christmas Tree. It can be from any current catalogue - you have three to choose from!


I found this mini slimline card in the July-December Mini Catalogue, on page 27. I was intrigued by the size of the card, and the stamping across the three panels on the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Love Santa Tag Kit, Spruced Up Outlines Dies, Design A Daydream Host DSP, Christmas Card

I don't have the products used in the sample, so I had to improvise with what I did have - which is exactly what we want you to do! I used the stamp set from the Love, Santa Tag Kit, which has the lovely branch stamp that I've used on the three panels. The set doesn't have a second stamp to 'colour' the branch, as in the original set used, so I just used my Dark Granny Apple Green Blend to roughly colour over the Garden Green branch.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Love Santa Tag Kit, Spruced Up Outlines Dies, Design A Daydream Host DSP, Christmas Card

My baubles were just punched circles of Gold Glimmer paper, with a topper cropped using the Spruced Up Outlines Dies. The DSP is from the Design A Daydream Host DSP pack, with a layer of Vellum over the top to tone down the colour.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Love Santa Tag Kit, Spruced Up Outlines Dies, Design A Daydream Host DSP, Christmas Card

I used similar stamping on the inside. Have you made a mini slimline card before? I cut my card to 6" square, scored at 3" to make the base of mine. It's a sweet little size!

We'd love for you to play along this week, by CASEing a Christmas Tree project. Not quite ready to start your Christmas cards yet? Just change the card to be a birthday card, or a thinking of you card. When you've made it, just pop a photo up in our Facebook Group.


Don't forget to finish our blog hop before you dash off to get inky! The next stop along the way is the wonderful Peta Stephen. I love her card - a fabulous take on the challenge!


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Oh MY! I did NOT see this card in the catalogue but I love YOURS so much more!! I love the colouring on the leaves - you are so clever!! The finished card is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise this was a mini card when I first saw it. What a cute size. I like the use of vellum to tone down the dsp colour and thanks for giving me another idea for the use for my dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've used other boughs and baubles for your card, it makes such a different look. Great that even your 'inside' bauble has a bow on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, I love your card better than the one in the catalogue! We often forget to use the stamps in our kits - thank you for reminding me of this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CASE Tina, I love your choice of the gold glitter for the baubles it gives it a fun festive feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle Strazds7 August 2022 at 23:06

    Great improvising! Love the glimmer paper for the baubles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.