Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2022

Colour Creations: Cherry Cobbler

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Cherry Cobbler, a deep red from the Regals colour family. With all the new Christmas offerings out recently, I'm sure we'll see more than a few Christmas cards tonight. Not from me though!


I'm pairing the new Tech Support stamp set with this fabulous, masculine colour combo from Brian King. Tech Support was one of my first purchases from the new Annual Catalogue. This next bit may sound strange, but it's not a stamp set that I like particularly much, and I'm struggling to create with it. However, I want Stampin' Up! to create more stamp sets for gamers and computer peeps, and they will only do this if there is demand for it. By buying this stamp set, I hope to show a level of demand, and if you want more sets like this, I hope that you will, too!

Now, on with the card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Tech Support, Regals DSP, Subtle 3DEF

I started by stamping the keys and cursor in Crumb Cake ink onto Crumb Cake card then embossed it with my Subtle 3DEF. I then layered some banners over the top.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Tech Support, Regals DSP, Subtle 3DEF

I used the binary code stamp in my Stamparatus to create the background layer for my sentiment. I was aiming for it to mimic the 'thinking' symbol in the sentiment. By the way, thanks to a hint from our fabulous Colour Creations coordinator, Catherine Proctor, I watched a SU video on Facebook that talked about the inspiration for different sets. Tech Support was one of those sets, and I discovered that the binary code reads 'for you' in English. How cool - a lovely hidden message on my card!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Tech Support, Regals DSP, Subtle 3DEF

For those not in the know, an ERROR 404 is a page not found error, so it's a cute play on words to change it to an age not found message. LOL! Maybe I am liking this stamp set, after all!

That's all from me for tonight, but we'd love for you to continue your way around our blog hop. The next stop is my fabulous friend, Kate Morgan, who I'm sure has something wonderful for you to see,


Catherine Proctor keeps the Colour Creation blog hops running smoothly, so if you run into any problems, just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. I think this stamp set is one you THOUGHT you didn't like much, but you've been converted just by having a play with it, Tina! I really like how you stamped the binary code, to mimic the "thinking" symbol, and the keys stamped over the background look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you using that stamp set Tina, and in quite an unexpected way! Another great colour combination from Brian King that you have used to create a fantastic masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard27 July 2022 at 21:12

    Another beautiful Tech Support card Tina, I love that you were able to find out the meaning behind the binary code and the play on the Error 404 message. I’m trying very hard to resist this set but you’re making it very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brave are you Tina - but you nailed it! Great colour combination, and excellent use of bold shapes in the chunky banners and circles. So tempted to get this set too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tina, I love your card. It certainly doesn’t communicate your difficulty in using the stamp set. Love the hidden message in your card and and the error message. Your stamping and banner layering is perfect. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tina, what a unique card. I love it. Not a set that I have really taken to but you really have given it, it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina even though you say that you were struggling to create with the stamp set you have done a fabulous job. Love how you have created the background using the binary stamp. That sentiment inside the card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this card and I thought I didn't need this stamp set but man you are making me want to get it! I was trying to not be so stereotypical for a family like ours with this one but I like your card so much I might be persuaded! Love the sentiment too it so funny! The banner on the front it perfect layering! Ok I will stop now I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fabulous card!!! Tina I love the inventive way you have used the range of images form the stamp set. That sentiment is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow wee this is awesome, Tina. I love the play on words and that damn error 404 message, I've seen a few of those in my time!!! Your entire design and chosen colours are outstanding and I can't wait to see what else you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.