Pages

Sunday 10 July 2022

CTC 377: CASE The SAB Catalogue

 Hi!


Welcome once again to another CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. As I mentioned last week, we have two new catalogues this month to CASE. Last week we looked at the Mini Catalogue, and this week it's the Sale-A-Bration catalogue's turn.


I spotted this beauty near the back of the catalogue, on page 15.


I loved the ombre masking with the floral image stamped over the top. I don't have the stamps or the DSP in the sample, so I had a quick look through my stash to see what would give a similar effect.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Celebrate Sunflowers, Forever Fern, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Lovely Linen DSP

I started with the Pale Papaya DSP from the Lovely Linen pack, layering it over some Whisper White card before attaching it to the Pale Papaya card base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Celebrate Sunflowers, Forever Fern, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Lovely Linen DSP

I cut three half-inch strips of Masking Paper and used them around the three edges of the Stitched Rectangle Die cut. A Blending Brush was used to apply the Pale Papaya ink, fading it out towards the top to get that gorgeous ombre effect. That fabulous, huge sunflower was a great choice for stamping over the top, I think!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Celebrate Sunflowers, Forever Fern, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Lovely Linen DSP

I reused the Masking Paper on the inside of my card to create a similar effect as on the front. This time I just faded the colour away from the corner.

Our challenge is run through our Facebook group, so you don't need a blog to enter! Just take a photo of your card and add a photo to our group. It's that easy! We'd love to have a tricky time choosing a winner as there are so many entries.


Please continue your way around our Blog Hop for more Sale-A-Bration inspiration. The next hopper is the lovely Sandra Collett, with a super cute card for all the dog lovers.


Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. I actually thought you’d coloured with an inked up block, love this idea and the card, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Strazds10 July 2022 at 19:50

    Great take on this card. Love the ombré block with the stamped image over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Tina! Love the soft colour palette and the bold image. Beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY love this - the ombre masked sponging is BRILLIANT!! What a super clever card and I never noticed it in the catalogue............WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.