Pages

Sunday 3 July 2022

CTC 376: CASE The Mini Catalogue

 Hi!


Thanks for stopping by for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We have had two new catalogues go live this week, which are going to provide many weeks of CASEing inspiration. We are starting with the new Mini Catalogue though.


This week we'd like you to CASE any project from the July-December Mini Catalogue. You don't need to have the actual products in the sample you choose, you may be inspired by the layout of the card, or the colours, or even a technique. As long as we can see how the original card inspired you, anything goes!


The only stamp set that I have from the new Mini is the Jingle Jingle Jingle set, so I chose to CASE some cards featuring the stamps. I sort of mixed these two cards on page 26, as I liked the repeated background stamping on the left card, and the framed sentiment panel on the right side card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Jingle Jingle Jingle, Christmas To Remember, Christmas Card

I started my card by stamping the image of the Christmas lights all over the background. If you're very clever, you can line the stamp up just so, and it will look like a continuous line of lights. I then used the little filler stamp to colour all of the lights using Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green, Orchid Oasis, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point inks.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Jingle Jingle Jingle, Christmas To Remember, Christmas Card

I used the same colours as fillers on the jolly stamp. I don't own all of the colour markers, so I had to mask, ink and stamp each letter individually. A lot of effort, but worth it, I think!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Jingle Jingle Jingle, Christmas To Remember, Christmas Card

A couple more rows of lights finished off the inside. Often the images I stamp on the inside are near the bottom of the card, so it's fun to switch and stamp the lights at the top. The inside sentiment is from Christmas To Remember.

Do you have a favourite project from the new Mini catalogue yet? If not, it's a great excuse to sit and have another flip through the catalogue. When you've found your favourite, CASE it, and add a photo to our Facebook Group. We'd love to see your card!


Before you go, please do finish tonight's blog hop. The next stop is the lovely Julia Quinn. I wonder what she'll CASE?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.