Pages

Sunday 24 July 2022

CTC 379: Sale-A-Bration Catalogue

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Can you believe that it's the end of the week - and for me, the end of the school holidays - already? 


This week we are returning to the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. You can CASE any project on any page. I found this fun card on page 4.


Rays Of Light was one of the very first stamp sets I purchased from the Annual Catalogue, so I'm always on the lookout for samples using it. I loved that each individual ray was cut out and applied to this card, so like a crazy woman, I decided to CASE it.


There's a LOT of rays! LOL. I stamped the image on two pieces of Flirty Flamingo cardstock. One was cropped with a Stitched Rectangles Die. I fussy cut each ray from the second piece of cardstock and layered it over the top. I adhered the inner part of the ray directly to the cardstock, and the end of the ray was popped up on Dimensionals. It gave a really cool effect to the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Nothing's Better Than, Days To Remember, Rays Of Light, Love You More Than Dies

Once I finished, I trimmed the edges and adhered the piece to a Gold Foil card. The Nothing's Better Than bundle was used to decorate the card. I cropped the word 'Cocktails' five times - four in Basic Black and one in Gold foil. I made sure I used Adhesive Sheet on the back so that I was able to adhere the layers together easily. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Nothing's Better Than, Days To Remember, Rays Of Light, Love You More Than Dies

I couldn't resist adding another cocktail to the inside. This card will be going to a niece, who is celebrating her 18th birthday later in the month.

We'd love for you to play along with us this week, and every week! All you need to do is make a suitable card, take a photo and add it to our Facebook group. Easy!


Please keep on hopping around our blog hop, as there is plenty more gorgeous Sale-A-Bration inspiration to be found, starting with the lovely Julia Quinn


Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. You really are dedicated to your craft, Tina! What an awesome card, love those rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Palmieri24 July 2022 at 20:04

    And that was me, Ms Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't appreciate the lengths you'd gone to when I first saw your card. Love the way you've glued the centre of the ray and raised the ends. And the black layers help make the greeting pop.
    Your niece will love this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. WOW. Your niece is so blessed to receive this amazing work of art. LOOOOOVE the way you've done the rays with the different layering. BUT WOW - so much work!! Gasp. This card is extraordinary! Congratulations on your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.