Pages

Wednesday 3 May 2023

Colour Creations: Boho Blue

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the start of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog Hops. I didn't think I'd be able to join in this week, as we are starting with the new In Colours and silly me forgot to order anything! Thankfully my wonderful friend (and fellow hopper) Andrea Sargent came to my rescue with some In Colour products for me. She's a gem!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, On The Ocean Bundle, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Timber 3DEF

We are starting this week with Boho Blue - or should I say 'Yo Ho Blue'? LOL! On The Ocean, with it's pirate ship, was the only choice for me this week! I was soooo happy when the bundle carried over to the new Annual Catalogue so that I get to use it for a whole year longer.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, On The Ocean Bundle, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Timber 3DEF

I used some of the Fresh As A Daisy DSP for the background of my scene. As soon as I looked at it, I thought that it looked like clouds in the sky. A bit of stamped ocean on the bottom, and birds in the sky, and I have an easy-peasy background for my ship. I think that the DSP might be more Azure Afternoon than Boho Yo Ho Blue, but along with Night Of Navy, they work together well.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, On The Ocean Bundle, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Timber 3DEF

A little more stamping finished off the inside nicely. While you continue your way around the hop, I'm off to order some of the new In Colour stuff!

The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Rachel Woollard, with what I'm sure will be a gorgeous card or two. The hops are always a surprise for us, too - we don't share before the hop.


And, as always, the wonderful Cathy Proctor is keeping us all organised. If you run into any issues with links, just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's hoppers to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

11 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for crafty friends, hey?! This gorgeous new blue is really going to extend your pirate ship cardmaking possibilities, Tina. It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoho Blue! How will I ever think of it as Boho Blue anymore, LOL!!! Tina, I hoped you would use this bundle as I love everything you've created with it, including this card with all it's layers of blue. Thank you, Andrea, for enabling Tina to share her wonderful creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Tina!! When my box hadn't arrived by yesterday morning, I was beginning to panic - but then I got a text from Auspost at lunch time that there was a parcel at the post office for me! Phew!! The new In Colors are great - you'll love them when they finally turn up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty is your pirate ship and thank goodness Andrea stepped into save the day. I must admit, I was surprised but happy to see you join in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have pulled all the different blues together in this card. Love the texture the Fresh as a Daisy DSP piece added. Enjoy your goodies when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard4 May 2023 at 11:52

    Tina the Pirate ship is a perfect choice to feature Boho Blue. What a great choice for the background paper too and stamping directly onto it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane Furniss4 May 2023 at 14:09

    I love your card Tina, I have been thinking about getting the pirate ship and you have pushed my that little bit closer. It really looks so lovely in Boho Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo Ho Blue... love it! I also love your card using this stamp set. That DSP background is perfect for your sea. Happy shopping to get some new In Color products!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combination of all the blues, your card showcases just how well the blue colours work together. Gorgeous pirate ship!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina you have created a striking ocean scene using the dark and broody pirate ship against the gorgeous blue skies. I love the embossed background too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yo Ho Ho Blue and a bottle of ,,,, no that is not right! LOL Love our card and your pirate ship! I will be singing what shall we do with the drunken sailor all day now! Love the embossed background makes me think of walking the plank! Ok enough! Your card is fun and I think Yo Ho Blue is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.