Pages

Wednesday 17 May 2023

Colour Creations: Moody Mauve

 Hi!


Thanks for stopping by on your way around our Colour Creations Blog Hop. We re starting with the new In Colours, and this week it's Moody Mauve's turn. I wasn't a big fan of the colour, but after a play I'm starting to come around.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Fresh As A Daisy, Stylish Shapes Dies

I've seen a few cards lately using strips of cardstock to create a background panel, so that was my starting point for this card. I alternated Moody Mauve with the new pink, Bubble Bath, and Whisper White. I quite like that combo! I layered it over some Gold Foil for a bit of extra zing.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Fresh As A Daisy, Stylish Shapes Dies

To decorate, I cropped a daisy from the Fresh As A Daisy DSP with one of my circular Stylish Shapes Dies. The sentiment, from Biggest Wish, was cropped using one of the banner dies from the same pack. I used my Layering Circles Dies to add a matt of Gold Foil under the daisy. The gold works nicely with the Wild Wheat in the daisy DSP.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Fresh As A Daisy, Stylish Shapes Dies

As always, when I made the front panel I made it a bit bigger than I needed for the front so that I could use the rest on the inside of my card. It ties it all together so nicely. The smaller daisy is a nice finishing touch, too.

That's all from me, but please do keep hopping your way around all of the blogs on tonight's hop. The next stop is Christina Barnes - I can't wait to see what she's made.


If you run into any issues with links on the hop, just pop on over to the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She will have a list of all tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

12 comments:

  1. Tina, using strips of cardstock to create a background panel is so effective and i love that you've used them inside your card too. The die cut daisy is a super effective way to get maximum bang for your buck from that DSP - a wonderfully effective card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the muted richness of Moody Mauve goes beautifully with the soft Bubble Bath, Tina. I tried this colour combo (with white), but wasn't happy with the result ... the addition of gold makes all the difference. Love the strips of card to create that lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa Gerrard17 May 2023 at 19:52

    Oh Tina, I know you said you weren't a fan of Moody Mauve but I love the card you have created. Bubble Bath is just the perfect colour to compliment Moody Mauve isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tina, I so love your card. Your background of strips is perfect with the feature daisy and the gold mounts. The inside of your card is delightful - perfectly coordinating with the front. All gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and such an effective look by adding those strips of card, Tina. Gold definitely goes well with Wild Wheat, a colour that will certainly challenge me in a couple of weeks, eek. I love how you carried the stripes to the card insert, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Hello Friend, your card is gorgeous? I love your background very clever and nice use of the DSP to have the daisy on the gold. Really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Palmieri18 May 2023 at 16:27

    This card with strips is a lovely example of Moody Mauve, with the supporting colours really lifting it up. It looks very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel Woollard18 May 2023 at 19:33

    The striped panel is really effective Tina and I love the gold highlights

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always start the blog hop with you! Your cards never disappoint me and this card was absolutely stunning! The striped cardstock is a great way to use up scraps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow loving your card Tina - those strips are lined up perfectly! This is a great colour combination and the touches of gold are certainly a great accent to the patterned DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tina, those stripes are so eye catching! Love those gold foil elements and your spotlight daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you've used the strips of coloured cardstock and the colours are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.