Pages

Thursday 27 April 2023

JAI 650: Just Add Large Letters Or Numbers

 Hi!


Welcome to Friday and the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Lou is challenging us to add either large letters or large numbers to our cards.


This was an easy one for me, as my oldest had his 20th birthday recently. He's just gotten into Dungeons and Dragons, and so I had the idea to make a card featuring a dice.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Alphabet A La Mode Dies, Copic Markers, Dungeons And Dragons, Pop Culture Card

Conveniently, D&D is played using a 20-sided dice, so it worked out nicely that for his 20th birthday I could use a D20 on his card. I just found a free image on the internet and printed it onto Thick Whisper White cardstock. It's big - about 5 inches wide and 6 inches tall. I coloured it with three different Copics from the R20's to give it dimension.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Alphabet A La Mode Dies, Copic Markers, Dungeons And Dragons, Pop Culture Card

I also managed to include Large Letters on my card using my Alphabet A La Mode dies. The letters were adhered flat using Adhesive Sheet, but in hind sight I should have used Adhesive Foam, which would have eliminated the need for the popped up star. Oh well!

We'd love to see which option you choose - letters or numbers? Or will you use both like me? You can see what the rest of the Design team has chosen over on the Just Add Ink blog. You can also link up your card to enter our challenge over on the blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Tina, I just saw on StampinUp website that the Alphabet Ala Mode does not work with the Foam adhesive sheets. I have not tried it yet but I imagine letters might be too skinny. They showed a project where they just cut the letter out with Cardstock multiple times and glued them all together. That is just an appropriate card for your son. I love how you take the ideas and print off the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.