Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Colour Creations: Wild Wheat

 Hi!


Hello, and thanks for stopping by for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. Tonight we are featuring the last of the new In Colours, Wild Wheat. I found it to be a tricky colour, and definitely not one that has stolen my heart! It's sort of a mustardy-gold colour that I found to work well with Early Espresso.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Biggest Wish, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

The DSP that I chose to use was one of the panels from the Fresh As A Daisy DSP. All I had to do was cut it from the sheet and decorate! It's size is more suited to an American A4 card, so I ended up cropping about a quarter of an inch from the bottom of my card base so that I had an even border all around.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Biggest Wish, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I used some White Twine to decorate the card, as I don't think that it needed much. The sentiment is from Biggest Wish and is cropped using a Stylish Shapes Die.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Biggest Wish, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I fussy cut a daisy from a different sheet of the DSP for the inside of my card, along with a strip of a plainer Wild Wheat paper from the same pack.

There's lots more Wild Wheat inspiration to be found on tonight's blog hop, starting with my lovely friend, Kate Morgan. I'm sure that she's made something fabulous!


If at any time you find a broken link, please head to the blog of this week’s host of the Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor, and she will have the list of all participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

11 comments:

  1. Tina, I love the clean simplicity of your card and the Early Espresso base to match the DSP. Thanks for the tip on trimming the card base slightly - it's a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek - so cute, Tina!! I love Wild Wheat with Early Espresso, but probably would have thought only to use that combo for a masculine card. This paper is so pretty, and I see I am going to have to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh it DOES look great with Early Espresso! Love it! And I love that you went with the paired back less fussy version than mine - it's so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard31 May 2023 at 20:37

    Very stylish and simple card Tina, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The simplicity of this design is delightful. The big bold sentiment suits the big bold daisies perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard1 June 2023 at 13:46

    Such a lovely card Tina. It is so simple yet effective and lovely and crisp. Funnily enough I also had that same paper out on my workspace but changed my mind in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great simple design, allowing that lovely patterned paper to shine. The crisp white twine adds lovely texture along with a single sentiment. The Early Espresso card base was a wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina I love your clean and simple front and the addition of white twine to accompany the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A simple but very lovely card, Tina, and I do like it with the Early Espresso base which frames the image beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina, this is a lovely card to showcase Wild Wheat in a creative and simple way. It would be a great card to show beginners who might feel daunted in where to start. This DSP pack gives those "newbies" a chance to be creative with limited supplies. I love your choice of the Early Espresso card base and the Basic White matted layer, and the white bakers twine ties the whole look together. No pun intended ;) .

    ReplyDelete
  11. A simply beautiful card Tina. I love your matting, the addition of White Bakers twine with the Stylish circle & Biggest Wish “Hello”. As always, your card’s centre is delightful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.