Pages

Sunday 14 May 2023

CTC 419: Love

 Hi!


Welcome to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's a great way to end the week! 


This week we are asking you to CASE a love project. You can choose anything from the catalogue that makes you think of love.


I chose this Oceanfront card from page 85, with the obvious 'love you' sentiment. The watercolour scene really appealed to me, and it's been a while since I've inked up my Oceanfront stamp set, so that was as good a reason as any to choose this card to CASE.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Oceanfront, Easter Bunny, Stylish Shapes Dies

The catalogue samples used Blending Brushes to ink the stamps, with the watercolour paper wet to give the softer look. I chose to use the baby wipe technique instead. I applied some Blackberry Bliss and Calypso Coral ink to the baby wipe, and then used it like an inkpad to ink up my sky stamp. The rest of the scene (apart from the plants) were just stamped as usual onto the wet watercolour paper.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Oceanfront, Easter Bunny, Stylish Shapes Dies

Once the panel was dry, the plants were stamped over the top and the card was assembled and decorated.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Oceanfront, Easter Bunny, Stylish Shapes Dies

I recreated the scene on the inside, without the wet watercolour paper. The sentiments that I used on my card are from the Easter Bunny stamp set. They are sort of vague enough to be suitable for several different occasions.

We'd love for you to play along with us this week. All you need to do is make a suitable card, take a photo and upload it to our Facebook group. I can't wait to see which card you choose to CASE.


Before you go, please keep hopping your way around all of the Crew blogs. There's lots more 'love' inspiration to be seen, starting with Julia Quinn with a super sweet card.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Lovely technique, that sentiment makes me think of the Michael Buble song!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.